Valve to shutoff auxilliary transmission cooler

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall someone posting a picture of some sort of valve they had to close the lines to their aux transmission cooler. The purpose being so the transmission isn't overcooled in the winter. I've looked a little online and not found such a thing.

Am I crazy? Is my search kungfoo not so good?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't recall ever reading a post about this. It sounds like a good idea just the same.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy an external thermal bypass, it simply bypasses the flow to the cooler until it gets to a certain temperature. You could use a three way ball valve if you wanted a manual version.

gandalf

Reaction score
Here you go. This valve came with my aux transmission cooler. It simply turns the flow back to the transmission until it heats up a bit. If you put it in the right place it allows the transmission fluid to go to the radiator, but regulates the flow to the aux cooler.

attachment.php

My cooler is a TrueCool Max. I think that's right.

Attachments

• DSCF8171.JPG
    DSCF8171.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 113

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one I installed on my e250 whe I added a 6.0L trans cooler. I picked it specifically since it had 1/2" openings. I didn't want it to restrict the flow. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly where I got it. I am vaguely thinking Summit.
You must be registered for see images