Value of my truck

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
What would be a good price for my 88 F-350?

Specs:
1988 F350 custom regular cab
7.3IDI NA, ZF 5 speed, 10.25 rear with LSD and Dana 60
Truck wears some white 16" wagon wheels with 315/75/16 ProComp Xtreme ATs (two are 3/4 tread, 2 are 1/3 tread)
Truck has factory A/C that needs freshening up, approx 145,000 miles
Engine is basically stock with 3G alt, dual G31 Cat batteries, upgraded wiring, larger glow plug power wire, new glow plug relay, good glow plugs, good pump and injectors, banks power pack air cleaner lid, new true dual 2 1/2" exhaust with maganflow magnapack mufflers, 95 F150 bench seat, pump is turned up 1 1/2 turns (no smoke except on a hard accel in 1st), new rear brakes, new rear spring shackle and hangers, new wheel bearings, new steering linkages, new bilstien shocks, headlight harness upgrade, large firewall renforcement plate, clear corner lights, new vacuum pump/pulley and hoses, new starter, new belts new rear fuel tank and good used sendor but needs to be hooked up and im sure i forgot some things. Smooth shifitng trans, 4wd works great, LSD works, runs like a *******, gets 14-18 mpg depending on how its driven.

the bad:
rust around rear wheel wells, rust in inner wheel wells, cab had rust cut out and patched with alm flashing (small areas), drivers fender is banged up (bought it that way), paint is coming off the doors, fenders, rad support (have a good one), A/C needs freshening up, no floor covering, needs an allignment and drivers brake caliper, hard start when sitting on cold days...think thats the most of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

also have a shitload of parts that may go with it if price is right...im thinking ask $4,000 and take no less than $3,250. With stereo $4,500.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
toolbox stays unless ya want it (lil extra) also has new mirrors then seen here, vent shades...i think thats most of it. Oh factory "skid plates (fuel tanks, t-case). rear section of the frame was painted in rustoleum oil paint.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I think it's hard for people for a different region to price your truck.

Looks like it's in good shape for being a salted road truck. I paid $3200 for my '94 F250 4x4,5spd turbo in Washington. I get fairly frequent offers for around 5-6 grand down here in the SF Bay Area. It really is all about the location.

I'd set your price a little on the high scale, so long as you're not in a hurry. Know your bargain-basement price that you feel most comfortable with and take your time with it.

I've sold cars in a hurry and felt shafted. When I take my time and wait for the right buyer I generally feel that everyone got a good deal.

;Sweet

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with SparkandFire... different regions will have different prices. Up here, people would probably try to sell a truck like that for $5,000+

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too agree with sparkandfire, it would probably best for you to research the going rate on similar trucks in your area.
4-5k here is enough to get into a standard cab/extended cab stroke usually.

My F350- no rust and had a 088 on it= $2200.

Last edited:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I will say this. I hope you get for 4 grand for it because that means that my 91 crew cab with no rust at all would get 6 or more no problem. That's about what I would want for it anyway, methinks. :D

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like already stated, it depends on the location. Around northern California, that truck would probably sell for $1500 at best. I paid 1900 for my truck and it pretty much looks like it has been in a garage its entire life. Compare your truck to other similar rigs on craigslist. That may give you a better understanding of what stuff is selling for in your area. Good luck!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Someone who knows what they are looking at will pay $3500 for your truck around here. A less educated individual would try to haggle you down to the 2500 range. They would probably complain that its old and is a manual trans.cookoo

I like the wagon wheels.;Sweet Kickin' it old school!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online