Vacuume Modulator on IP...?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how does that thingy work again I recall years ago I may have rotated it up and back maybe a 1/16"... the trans shifted much nicer, not as much neck whiplash!!!

Think it's time to visit that dial once more ...she's shifting somewhat hard again.

Does this adjust shift points(rpm) or mostly pressure (hard/softer)?

Thanks...Mr. sore neck

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
Ask me after I build my Bronco. LOL
Just want to make sure this "cream puff" is 100% when you take her over...my brother.;)

Oh yea, and take this > :moon:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ray,

It will effect a little of both. I don't have my manuals anymore (shipped them out with The E) so I can't look it up. I remember had the E4OD so mine was electrically controlled but it should work basically the same (mine effected shift points and firmness).

What happens is over time from vibration (both road and engine) is the Vacuum Mod will move so periodical adjustment is not uncommon. What I would do is I would go out and adjust it forward or back until I get the shifts I want then I would scribe a mark on it and the injection pump so that next time it's line the marks up and enjoy... I'm sure someone (Like Frieght Train) can look up the actual procedure for ya from the book.

HINT HINT Jon now that you own The Enterprise you see the added duties that come with her.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
Ray,
HINT HINT Jon now that you own The Enterprise you see the added duties that come with her.
Brother Travis...I just threw-up in my mouth a little.:puke: ...:D

PS. I did scribe a mark prior...just moved it a (c) hair again...in the same direction. BUT...when is it toooo far?
And (if) infact a vacuume measurement is taken at the Trany module, what happens if such reading is out of the desired limits (17-20) just to make it shift nicer...then what...huh...well?

I like this one > :moon:

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the tech help on this forum?

I put a vacuume guage down on the Trans modulator...with engine ideling It showed 11" lbs. Too low?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin