Vacuum pump...

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes NO difference which way it turns. It's on an eccentric, all it cares is going up and down like an arm on a mechanical fuel pump.
I used last time Royal purple 75w90. I've heard of guys using 30w too. Don't overfill more isn't better.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I wonder what the fill procedure is for that...

Gives new meaning to the term "Check the headlight fluid" LOL

Now it will be "I need to change my vacuum pump oil"

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the fill procedure is for that...

Gives new meaning to the term "Check the headlight fluid" LOL

Now it will be "I need to change my vacuum pump oil"

I just remove that bolt, dump out the old, then pour the new oil in until it is level with the hole.

STP is also a good candidate for such applications.

As already mentioned, these pumps care not which direction they rotate; the eccentric on the pulley-shaft works the operating-rod up and down, thus pushing in and out against the diaphragm; the diaphragm cares not which direction the cam is rotating, just that the rod is riding the cam up and down.

A dash-mounted vacuum gauge is simple to install, in-expensive to buy, and an absolute necessity, letting you know the health of the pump and vacuum system.

By using a check-valve in the big line at the pump, a gauge-line TEEed into the hose between the check-valve and pump will show pump vacuum, regardless of any leaks in the system past the check-valve.

Thus, TWO gauges can pretty much trouble-shoot the entire system from one glance at the gauges. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle