Used My Rotunda Injecter Tester Today

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Today I pop tested my "G" code injecters that were in the motor that overheated so bad the heads cracked and it stopped when the freeze plug popped out about a year ago. Four of them tested 1950, 1950, 2000 & 2050. The other four were about the same but had bad spray patterns and leaked but from the return port, not the tip. Anybody know what this leak means??

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
means you got a leak:dunno:dunno:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao Sorry, left the door open on that one

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I remeber reading that a leak from the return port is normal. Your looking for leaking at the tip. Also to get true pop pressure pump it past when they first open and let the injector seal, the reading on the gauge will be the true opening pressure.
One more thing, Ford says in the service manual that spray pattern can vary from one to another, these engines dont require a prefect pattern.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is my tester. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290261399741 That small box in front is an extra thrown in tool. Its the Rotunda injection pump holder for a set throttle. So I can now set the rpm to 2000 and not have to hold it and do my timing setting. Really a great little "extra" thats for sure... P.S. Both the tools are new, never used... Can't beat it with a stick....:D I know about the true pop pressure but the return leak thru is keeping me in the game trying to figure it out. I also have heard about spray patterns not meaning anything but its really nice to see the same patterns on each injecter. What I did was push plenty of fluid thru each injecter. Then slowly increase till the pop. That gave me what I was looking for. I wish I had the setup that Mel's guy has. You can do all 8 injecters at the same time. But my budget wont fit that in ever.... But its nice to dream too....;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same tool I have also. Gary, don't loose that little adapter that adapts the injector to the line. I suspect it's hard to come by.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel... I saw that neet little adapter and being differant threads top and bottom and having some left handed threads tells me thats the part I really need to keep hooked up to the system. It really holds pressure so its easy to see the pop pressure. Even pumping the handle fast it still stays about the same...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online