US Gear vs Doug Nash & 4WD Commonality

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't getting the OD box onto the trans, is getting an OD box with the right output shaft/flange to bolt the t-case back up.

Turns out the C6 overdrive box I thought I was getting is actually an underdrive.... oops! However, looking at I do think I know how to fix the DNE style shift motor/switch issue and it *looks* like a replacement switch is $10-20 and a new shift motor $50 or so, assuming the ones I found actually fit. The electronics for the DNE2 setup are ridiculously simple. The US Gear style is more complex since it has an actual controller. The DNE2 just has a latching relay (same as high beam relay) controlled by a push button switching +12v to the 2 different motor leads on the box and then the internal switch shuts off power once the fork reaches the end of it's travel. This is the weak spot - if the switch breaks it'll never open and the motor will be left on.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pair of 2 wire switches on the rear of the case are nothing more than indicators - those control the 'hi' and 'lo' range indicator lights on the switch - no connection to actually controlling the shifting.