Upgraded steering shaft?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
So in the process of restoring my steering system (Ive got enough play to park a bus in) was wondering what peoples recomendations were for a better then stock steering shaft (firewall to gearbox) my current one has a ton of slop in the slip joint which is where most my play is coming from. While Im in there Ive also got a redhead gerbox coming and plan on doing all new pump and hoses as I have an intermitent leak as well (infrequently will have a small puddle of PS fluid under front of truck but no rhyme or reasson to when it leaks)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flaming river or Borgeson...both are quality $$$$ products, and really the only option outside of custom built.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ive got a borgeson, love teh thing, its like night and day compared to the rag joint, and no more worries, and you will love that red head box, 've got one of those too, nice and tight. I just cant wait to do my next mod... have to wait till i get another spare vehicle back on the road first, but I have a steering column out of a freightliner with tilt and telescoping functions sitting in my basement, just itching to go in to my f350 :D