Update for those following the NMB2 build

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of the (almost) finished product. He's driving this thing now and it's running really nice. Max boost is at 32 psi with the timing set at 8.2*BTDC by the pulse method. Also a drive video. Thing spools up fast! He still wants to coat the charge pipes and add the water/**** system. I'm impressed and thought I'd share. Pics and videos are in the following post.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he has done a great job with what he has done to his truck. i am glad he has stuck with the idi and is seeing what all he can do with it. but isnt there daylight where he lives? here is my idea, get someone that knows how to make a video, and let them make the video, wait til daytime, and when its not raining, so they can make a good video of the truck. if he lived close to me id make the video for him.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he has done a great job with what he has done to his truck. i am glad he has stuck with the idi and is seeing what all he can do with it. but isnt there daylight where he lives? here is my idea, get someone that knows how to make a video, and let them make the video, wait til daytime, and when its not raining, so they can make a good video of the truck. if he lived close to me id make the video for him.
I have yet to see a dry day in the coastal area of WA state....ever.
Oregon is not as bad, but they get their share of rain too.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Sure makes you rethink the cold starting ability of these things, he's running 18.5:1 and starting it on 1 battery.

DragRag

Reaction score
Did it ever get dynoed? Are there some numbers posted from a machine that documents some real numbers from this build. I have read some posts on that guys build. But, I don't feel like sifting through all the trash on the topic. Some one just post some real numbers on this build please, and make it easy on the rest of that are curious as to how much this thing puts out.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
He popped a freeze plug on the way to the dyno day back in December, so he hasn't had it dyno'd yet.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure these engines will start on one battery. Mine did for months. I had no idea this was happen too till I actually touched the positive terminal to both batteries. Found one was loose and barely touching the terminal. The wifey once asked me why we have two batteries in our trucks. I jokeenly told her one was for the starter and the other was for the glow plugs...:D She als once asked why I could tell what *** a lizard was I caught in the back yard. I told her it was a female and I could tel this because she had her mouth open and any time you see an animal with its mouth open it surely is a female....:eek::angel:LOL
I have no dought this engine will crank and fire off on one battery with the cr low like it is. I also understand that psd cr is about the same and they too have two batteries so don't go there ... I'm really impressed with this build. Working at this level pushing the limits can be rewarding. 32 lbs of boost is its own reward itself...

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

i to would prefer daytime pics and vids but some people have lives. when it gets dark a 5:30pm it is hard to get daytime vids. i don't remember which branch but he is with the armed forces. i am sure that takes a good chunk of his time.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark at 530 PM in Ft. Lewis in January....uhh probably a little optimistic, he was saying dark by that time in October and it really is pretty far north.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i to would prefer daytime pics and vids but some people have lives. when it gets dark a 5:30pm it is hard to get daytime vids. i don't remember which branch but he is with the armed forces. i am sure that takes a good chunk of his time.

your prob right, what was i thinking, everyone works 7 days a week, for months on end, and always gets home when its dark. all im saying is if i put a bunch of work into something and want to showcase it for everyone to see im going to make sure i do a few good videos of it proving to everyone that the truck performs like i say it does. on a weekend it wouldnt take more then 1 hour and 1 friend to make some great video of the truck. thats all im saying.

everyone has stuff to do as well. i work a full time job at over 40 hours a week, do a lot of side work to pay for racing, and roadrace motorcycles. closest roadrace track to me is 5 hours away, and when i need time i make sure i plan for it. oh yea, i do have a family and 1 child. so i guess when i look at the big picture, and someone says they dont have time, i usually just blow it off as lazy

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the day time video was great. Truck looks like it'll run with the best of them. I love how quick that thing spools too. I know we can all get frustrated with nighttime videos when its hard to see but you cant deny that this truck has some serious balls. I'm sure he will make some more videos for us though!

DieselJD - I'm not sure if he would be willing to do this but after he gets the truck all buttoned up it would awesome if he could do a quick write up summarizing the things he has learned and what he would change if he had to do it again. I think this would be super helpful for us looking to follow in similar footsteps.

Otherwise I cant wait to see this thing on the rollers, or even better in person haha. Great work NMB2!