unexplainable issues.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse the conversation. You mentioned brake fluid and brake systems.

4x4manonbroke

Diesel Master
Reaction score
I mentioned it because aluminum and brass deteririate so rapidly, Copper is the next best thing , thats why they use it ... if you put aluminum under the injector you would need to re-torque the injectors frequently ..

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be reccommended to use liquid thread sealant when I put new I jectors in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think so. The threads are not providing the sealing surface the copper gasket is. The threads are merely providing the clamping force for the sealing surface of the copper. I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got new injectors in. After I drove it stop smoking at idle. Injectors seem to be good. Boost increased a little bit egts didnt change to much. Im sure one I get a bull pump eventually it will make a huge difference

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put on larger return lines. Then 1/4 inch

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the possibilty of the ip not holding pressure when shut of for awile. And draining back to tank. I replaced al line no leaks found. Smomes a start up then goes away completly when I drive

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If all you're getting is smoking, I would look into glowplugs or a leaky injector or two.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel system does Not hold pressure when the engine is off. Glow plugs have nothing to do after engine is running, only to warm up the cylinders to help starting. The return lines are 5/16" ID, if original. Any antisieze is good to use on the injector threads, does not seal, only keeps them from rusting in for future removal. Black smoke is too much fuel, wether it be from bad injectors, or pump turned up too much when driving. White smoke is lack of fuel. Smoking is normal at start up, maybe for a minute or two.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online