Ultimate IDI/DT466 powered truck.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
cookooMe and some of the guys were talkin about Ford trucks today while we were on hold for the asphalt plant. We got on the subject of the ultimate truck and we came up with this

Some of the older S1600's were powered by IDI's or DT466's, and were already mounted in the frame rails with a pretty sturdy transmission behind it. Why not just try and make some body mounts and throw an F-series body onto a shortened S1600 frame?

Ok, so the S1600's axles were too wide, right? What about a set of Dana's or a Dana 60 and a sterling 10.25? Throw a ZF in there out of a 4x4 or SD, then bolt a transfer case to it. I don't know how the dana axles would line up spring perch wise, but a MD/HD truck shassis are not much wider than the pickup frames.

If an IDI stays cool with a pickup radiator, then put a pickup radiator in the rad support, why try and use the international rad (if it is different at all).

Something like this would have to be turboed, just for coolness, AND intercooled with a cool color scheme....blue came up in this conversation at work, so it's not just DSL that thinks blue is a good color!cookoo lol

As for tire and wheels, whynot throw a set of 11R22.5's on Alcoa wheels. There is a kit you can get to adapt the 8 lug to a 10 lug truck rim.
It's feasable, but I don't have the money to afford such a project.

It would be a classic version of the F650 Pickup truck, but with a true international backbone and heart.

Am I crazy or what?:dunno

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
You're crazy, absolutely nuts........that means you have to do it!

Take measurements and go for it.

Can't discourage stuff like this, you saw the Loadstar in the other thread. Rather the "Lowstar".

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
put amerstars cam in it and a 5.7 governer spring and a psd turbo and go to town:sly

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
I have been wanting do somethin kinda like this but pure International.

I want a 96 International class 6, crew cab, 4x4, 466 with Bosch P-7100, air brakes, 5spd OD Ally, factory air, power windows, air ride buckets, and a flat bed. I should keep dreaming right!!!?:D

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Of course! Air brakes...I never thought about keeping air brakes! A tandem version would be amazing for towing.....mobile homes, trail trucks or even the space shuttle if needed

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be too cool........ Take measurements and let us know!!!!!!! That would be a he!! alot cheaper than a CXT...... which is cool in itself. I would love one........

Also..... it would be better looking that that 4500 "Pickup" that Government Motors is selling....... take the ugliest truck on the road and put a dually bed on it..... and it is still............ fugly!!!!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I had a look at that S1600 today...I didn't have my measuring tape on me. IMO, it wouldn't be hard at all to make body mounts on that kind of frame.....

Now, just to find an S1600.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online