UH OH--Amsoil ATF potential concern...

jvencius

Reaction score
I just saw on Bob Riley's site that Amsoil Universal ATF is Dual Mercon/Mercon V rated. The Ford owner's manual I got says to use Mercon fluid in the tranny/t-case (I've got the ZF-6) but with a manual do I really need to worry about the dual Mercon/Mercon V rating of Amsoil. For the record, I've had Amsoil Universal ATF in my tranny for the last 30K miles and haven't had a problem with it, but if it's a bad thing, I need to know soon (and why)...:eek:

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your are OK. I have Mobil one synth in my ZF and xfer. I might go with GM syncromesh or redline next. Syncromesh is supposed to be very good stuff and it ought to be for about $8 a quart.

jvencius

Reaction score
kblackav8or said:
I think your are OK. I have Mobil one synth in my ZF and xfer. I might go with GM syncromesh or redline next. Syncromesh is supposed to be very good stuff and it ought to be for about $8 a quart.

I think so too, given that the last 30K miles have been trouble-free with Amsoil Universal ATF in my tranny but I wasn't sure if the ZF-6 has the same problems with dual-rated fluid that the slushbox does...

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Ams oil claims it is compatible and offers a warranty on any problem directly relating to it's use. We use it at work. Ams oil is the only lubes oil etc I use.

TimMiller

Reaction score
I've had amsoil in the tranny for about 80k now, and i've seen it to hell and back, and its still holding up.

Albin

Reaction score
jvencius said:
I just saw on Bob Riley's site that Amsoil Universal ATF is Dual Mercon/Mercon V rated. The Ford owner's manual I got says to use Mercon fluid in the tranny/t-case (I've got the ZF-6) but with a manual do I really need to worry about the dual Mercon/Mercon V rating of Amsoil. For the record, I've had Amsoil Universal ATF in my tranny for the last 30K miles and haven't had a problem with it, but if it's a bad thing, I need to know soon (and why)...:eek:

Bob should post a link to this as well then:

Amsoil Mercon/Mercon V FAQ

Thanks,

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online