Two new CAT batteries.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
After finding two date code tags of 2004 on the batteries in my 91 I decided to buy some new ones before winter is here....I called around and the cheapest option ended up being probably the best option - The f-inlaw got me two CAT 880CCA batteries for $215 his cost...The retail is crazy on anything with a gold label...LOL.....So now I have a couple of old but still good batteries to put in the 92 F350 crew cab 4x4 I'm picking up tommorow....Pic's to come...I want to here it run so I can decide to fix or scrap it.:sly

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
big time! ive been looking around for one like a squirrel needs a nut!!

I got that parts truck in Windsor lined up for pickup on the weekend of the 21. I still have to get a hold of John and see if the trailer is a go or not. Then I have to figgure out why my trailer brake controller took a dump. Most likely need a new one. Im thinking about making that dually project of mine into an IDI powered truck. If not i was going to sell it and use teh cash to buy that dana 60 and f350 suspension from you!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
We can talk about the 60, I'd like to find a 99+ F250/F350 2wd to put the Cummins in so take a look at the pit for one that's got a blown engine or etc....I'd consider a 92-96 truck as well if the body isn't rusty. The trailer is ok to use, he replaced the bad tire and he said you could borrow/rent it to haul the truck - I was down to his shop after work today....The electric brakes aren't working but when I haul his Bobcat down to my place this weekend to spread the gravel you brought me I'll try to take a look at them.

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Could you tell me the part number off of those? I really like cat batteries but didnt know if they made the right size. All of their batteries on our stuff is way to big.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The CAT batteries are just type 65 batteries, that's all I had to tell him to get them....I'll post some pic's of the 92 tommorow, from what I remember it has a very heavy 8ft stake body on the back and possibly a "mad max" style steel front bumper...LOL....I imagine it's a rusty beast but it has a good 7.3 and all the 92-96 style IDI stuff I need to convert my dually from a 460 to 7.3 like a diesel cluster, wiring and etc.......The trans is rebuilt with 5000KM on it. Did I mention it had a D60 front...cha-ching!...:D:sly

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
SON of a B****!!! I'll be spenging money at Cat this week too.....both batteries have no capacity left in them. I jsut fixed my timing advance switch problem and noth batteries are gone...F*(^*^!!!