turns over won't crank

rocketgirls02

Reaction score
my o4 6.0 f-350 dually turns over and over and then won't start .This happens mostly in the mornings, took it to the dealer did not help they just reset the computer which means i have to relearn trany and reset banks equipt. can anyone help. thanks, matt.

Last edited:

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Turning over and cranking are the same thing. Do you mean it won't start and run?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When its turning and not firing are you getting white smoke at the exhaust pipe?

rocketgirls02

Reaction score
no white smoke . It turns over strong i am used to it firing off as soon as I turn the key. ford place reprogramed pcm ,i am scheduled to have it back wednesday, wonder how much trial and error they will do at my expence:mad:

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
has this been on going or a sudden problem my first 2 guesses would be eith the pickup or hp fuel pumps also check that there is gas in your fuel i ncountered that here with a guy that filled with the wrong pump

rocketgirls02

Reaction score
tthe best of my knowledge this has been coming for about 2 months .althought not impossible i am pretty sure no gas in fuel. thanks

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
check your fuel pumps than fuel system for any potential leaks as they may suck air when engine is shut off i know with mine if i don't run it for a while like about a week or two it seems to lose it's prime and it takes a few twists to catch but if i run it all the time it catches everytime without even the engine making a full revolution from the starter it catches quicker than my '04 ranger but if you have no smoke i would say definitiley a fuel system issue

rocketgirls02

Reaction score
ford said the cam sensor was bad so they replaced it , but that didn't work so they replaced the wiring harness on the top end of engine and turbo . seemed to have worked . hope ford pays