turned the fuel up

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I wonder though... are you saving fuel part of the time by not having to shift down a gear.

We tweaked the screw on my buddy's '90 and it seems like it will do just about everything in one taller gear, and thus a lower rpm. Hmmmm.... :cool

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I can't tell you for sure.. i wouldn't think so but i have heard that before. but being 17 i can surely vouch for spitting a little soot every once in a while... it sure is handy when you have someone who thinks that your bumper is a cozy place to stay. and speaking of bumper stickers my brother has my favorite on the subject. It says diesel soot makes me *****

Okumaguru

Reaction score
fuel consumption

I didn't really notice a change in fuel consumption but quite a bit more power. The biggest change I noticed in fuel consumption was the difference between running 50 mph as compared to 60 mph. It seemed to drop up to 8 mpg with the speed change. I could run at 50 mph and average 46-48 mpg. Same weather, same road, same time of day, etc, running 60 mph it would drop to around 38-40 mpg. To get an avarage I actually had to do it over a week so the test couldn't be 100% accurate but close enough for me. And I got smoke on acceleration every time but none at an idle.
Again, just an observation.
Thanks
Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online