Turn the ignition off, gpr on, ignition on, gpr off?

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off let me apologize for my absence from the boards. I have been going through a custody battle with my ex and I have had no motivation to work on my truck. Emotionally exhausted. And wouldnt you beleive it is starting to catch up to me.... So like the title says there is some weird stuff going on with my gp's. WITH THE RADIO FUSE IN when I turn the key off the GPR is on (wait to start light) when the key is turned on the light goes off. If I pull the radio fuse its the exact opposite. So in order to keep my batteries from draining I have to pull the radio fuse when I shut it off. I checked all the wiring at the starter selenoid and everything looks alright. My thoughts are that gp relay is shot (its a year old) and when it gets power it is full on (I understand that my gps are probably swollen. I will tackle that when I can). The part I dont understand is how the wait to start light and i am assuming the gpr are coming on when the key is turned to the off position. I have a spare ignition switch (the actual white plug in unit) and planned on starting there. any thoughts would be good as winter is right around the corner...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online