turbos

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a HT3E turbo on their compound systems yet. This is the small shaft turbo with 22 or 23 exhaust housing. I am looking at this one for small compound set along with my hx35-40. Do you think it would help to quik spool both turbos or just quik spool the hybrid? Looking for a good towing combo so I don't have to worry about exhaust temps as bad. Thanks

TORQUE THIS

Reaction score
I am using this turbo with the HX-40 for twins. Won't be installed till mid Feb or March.

Where did you get the HT3E?

Got mine from High Tech Turbo.

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HTTurbo is the guys I am talking to. Seems like nice people, bought my stage 3 kit from them. They have a good price on the ht3e to! Looking at the 23cm housing as I would like a quick spooling setup but I'm not looking for a super high horsepower setup(famous last words). I would like to set boost at about 45 lb. and have cool exhaust temps. Hope I've got enough fuel with EDM 2.5 I've ordered along with the ez and pm3 box. The 2.5's are what DON thought would work and I'm not going to question his idea.

Idaho CTD

Reaction score
I know of two people that have run the HT3B/23 with the stock 35/12 in twin setups. Both reported fast spoolup and considerably lower egt's cruising down the road as compared to a larger twin setup. I'm also going to put a set together to drive around while I deciede what to use for my next twin setup. The biggest problem you will have is limiting boost to 45psi. Once the big charger is spooled it wants to run the boost up fast so you'll either need to wastegate around it or use blow off valves to try and control the boost pressure.

You'll have enough fuel with your combo to run a small set like your considering. Quick spooling both turbos wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geez.... looks like I'll have issues running a PDR35/12 alone with the UFM and 2.4's.....

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw, RUSS if you have any control over you're right foot! You might accidently have one of the few 5.9's that will take 2300 deg. exhaust temps. all day. RIGHT!!

MCummings

Reaction score
A B-1 KwikSpool will do wonder's for your 2.4's
You'll see 48PSI or so, fast spool-up, and a dent in your wallet.

It's a great single turbo.

Merrick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86