Turbo Stuff

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got a line on a turbo setup on Pirate and jumped on it, turbo stuff on the way for cheap. This is what I got, what am I missing?
You must be registered for see images attach

It comes with these parts too-

It looks like there is some fixable damage on one of the pipes - I've got a welder and some skills, so that shouldn't be too bad. I know I'm missing the y-pipe, anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,

Kyle

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Up pipe (you know that though), drivers side valve cover, cdr, and cdr hose, And I don't see your V band clamp for the downpipe.
P.S. if by damage you mean the dents in the down pipe, no that's factory.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I believe the damage is the cone end of the downpipe. Looks like part of it broke off when it was being removed. Yea, you should be able to weld that up and grind it back to shape without too much fuss it's just exhaust pipe. If that's part of the cast iron end and not steel pushed through it, you can get cast iron rods to weld it up ( if you can't get just a few PM me and I'll send you a few to get the job done)

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok - so my shopping list is:

Up pipe
drivers side valve cover
cdr and hose
v band clamp

That is what I need I guess - time to start searching the classifieds.

Thanks guys - I'm one step closer...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ok - so my shopping list is:

Up pipe
drivers side valve cover
cdr and hose
v band clamp

That is what I need I guess - time to start searching the classifieds.

Thanks guys - I'm one step closer...

I probly got an extra V-band clamp, measure what size it needs, i got a pile of the things here

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a major piece.... Its a piece of cast iron and it bolts to the 4 bolt flange on the turbo inlet. Then it bolts to the back of the engine bellhousing. Without that piece you wont be able to use this setup.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a major piece.... Its a piece of cast iron and it bolts to the 4 bolt flange on the turbo inlet. Then it bolts to the back of the engine bellhousing. Without that piece you wont be able to use this setup.

The only thing that bolts to the inlet of the hot side is the up pipe. which connects to the passenger side manifold. It's an ATS 093 (Factory turbo), I believe you're thinking about the hypermax.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually there are 2 pieces missing, the part that bolts to the turbo inlet, and the part the bolts to the manifold, both cast iron and probly super expensive

You can see the parts in the attachment

Attachments

• 0322101804-00.jpg
    0322101804-00.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I've got to find those used or fab them up. It just looks like a square flat mating surface with 4 bolts and that just mates up to the up pipe - between myself and the exhaust guy, I could make something work. I've got a mig welder, plasma cutter and tube bender.

I take it the part that bolts to the manifold is what I'm calling the small "y pipe" - that looks like it can be made as well..

I'll look for them, but if I can't find for a reasonable price, I'll make em.

So the parts are missing, what are they commonly called so I can search for them?

Last edited:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You already have a CDR, it's the "tuna fish can" looking thing at the back of your intake manifold, the turbo goes in it's spot, that's why they moved it to the drivers side valve cover and routed it into the air intake, it serves the function of the pcv. I have to go reinstall a plow, when I get back in I'll see if I can find the diagram for thin kit and get the proper names for the parts you need.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, is that the one I can just run a tube down and vent to atmosphere rather then re-routing it through the intake?

Thanks

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun making that stuff, CLEARANCE IS MEGA TIGHT back there and there is absolutely no room for error. I hope you got a extrodinary deal on that setup as you are gonna have alotta hassle making those pieces or locating them. The piece that bolts to the exhaust manifold also acts like a mount for the turbo. I have installed 4 turbo systems on these IDI's and with all the pieces there, its a pain, much less having to fab stuff. Just giving ya the heads ups up so as you know what to expect.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Thanks, is that the one I can just run a tube down and vent to atmosphere rather then re-routing it through the intake?

Thanks

Yes, that's what I did, just make sure to plug off the hole in the air box.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the uppipe ill sell pm me for info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73