Turbo questions.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I ordered my jr moose pump I want to start mocking up my custom turbo kit. I was wondering where do I feed the oil from? And what do I do with the cdr? I don't really like the idea of a rdt and I want to keep the cdr.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory turbo pulls off the back of the motor by the transmission mount. It's buried back there, but not too bad to get to. I believe most of the aftermarket kits have you pulling oil from the side of the block by the oil filter.

CDR gets moved to the valve cover on the 093 turbo kits. That's also where international had it on some of their trucks. otherwise not sure. Valvecover would be my thoughts.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of the valvcover ones but I can't find them anywhere. But I think banks makes a relocation kit to the ip gear cover. But do they still vent into the same spot on the intake? That's what I'm not sure of

xcite

Reaction score
On a turboed system they are vented into the line between the air filter and the turbo inlet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The Banks system is a nice cdr routing. They suck it from the injection pump gear cover and inject it into the elbow just before the turbos. The oem dcr location is plugged off with their plate but the suction location is now the turbo oil return line. Some feel they need to poke holes thru the oil return hole opening in the valley pan for better oil drain back to the engine. Its not a bad idea but I don't feel its really needed. The valley pans make today have better baffeling in them. But you can punch some holes thru the baffels if that makes you feel better too. Just do not drill them. That will alow metal chips to enter the oil. Use an ice pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist