turbo noise

dwilcox

Reaction score
turbo started making excessive whining noise, more like a whooshing noise when under load at operating temperature. Happened after i was giving the truck a good rally down the highway. I thought maybe that the CAC hoses might have shifted under the pressure, so i replaced the hoses with new silicone hoses from diesel power products. Turbo still noisy.

I don't think i damaged the turbo b/c it the truck still drives fine and i haven't noticed any loss in boost pressure. This noise only happens once the motor gets up to 185 degrees, no noise upon startup
does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the turbo to be emitting all the abnormal noise?

05' 5.9l cummins

Whit

Reaction score
check yer gasket tween the air intake horn and the manifold. also tween the grid heater and the horn too..............sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere

does it smoke more than normal now? especially at hard acceleration?

dwilcox

Reaction score
no apparent decrease in performance and i don't seem to be belching out any smoke with hard acceleration...i'll check the gasket and the heater grid

condor74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you havnt fixed it yet check all your rubber hoses that go from your turbo to your intercooler then to the air horn. I have seen those get loose and or rip. If you have a plastic intercooler, I have seen them blow the tanks off the side...years before and years after all went to metal intercoolers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online