Turbo Installation/Brain Storming/Pic post

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
sometimes i wonder about my thinking capabilities..... so i just have to plumb that back in to the oil system somehow?

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
what would i do with out you guys :cheers: now if only i was old enough to buy yall a beer :D so if i tap in to the line coming from the back of the block where the oil pressure gauge is would that be enough flow? or do i need to tap in somewhere else?

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
sweet, now i just gotta relocate the GPC and the CDR and start making a bracket to mount the Turbo to

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
if

Last edited:

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I searched all through their website but couldnt find a thing, ill re read through Mels turbo install post in the Tech articles and see what i find

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
The plug from hypermax for the cdr hole block off is a 1 1/2 inch expansion plug. get one at ace for about 5 bucks. I just had to replace mine and figured I would look around the corner instead of picking up the phone. paid off.

also you can pull the cdr grommet out of the valley and dump your oil there. find a tube that fits a grommet that fits the valley pan hole. Thats what hypermax does. Be SURE to use A long punch and drive 5 or 6 1/2 holes through BOTH layers of the valley pan baffle. That way the oil goes to the cam oil return instead of pooling between the baffle and valley pan (that could cause a lot of oil coming out if somthing gets a little plugged or the oils cold)

punk

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

build a 't' bracket and attach to intake bolt on passenger side (bracket in blue)

use the ip cover inspection plate to build a rdt adapter

build a cube with walls in it to help catch some excess oil from the rdt

build a cdr block off and drill and tap to feed back into top of valley an.

i did all of this in order to custom install a turbo. i never did the turbo cause the frame cracked near the gooseneck bolt holes. i guess 470 k miles overloaded finally did it in (prev owner).

goodluck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat