turbo idi is dead now.!!

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys its over, just over 3hrs ago a drunk driver hit my truck in a rent car mustang and i am almost positive its totaled. he hit my truck so hard it bent the i-beam and broke the rf spindle at ball joints. the rf fender it 2-3" behind rf door. the bed is kinda twisted and the rest of the frt is nailed hard. luckly though it was parked and i was inside buddys house. when we ran out the guy was crawling out if mustang and took off on foot. but we dragged him back to scene after he tried to pull a slap-jack out of his pocket to beat us with. but the poor old 94 turbo is probably a gonner.

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sad thing is i had just ordered and recieved a trac lock, ring and pinion and complete set up kit for rear to redo and regear to 3.73 from 4.10. , just upgraded the turbo housing and down pipe, has a 5k mile old e40d, new isspro tripple guages and truck is setting at 103k miles. poor truck. the odd thing is i am a tech at ford dealer where the guy rented the car from. so basically my works' rent car totalled my own truck. only thing to say about that is its going to be an interesting friday at work

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oh man Im sorry to hear that. But by the sounds of it, its a very good thing you were inside and not in the truck. You could have been hurt badly by the sounds of the impact.
I'd buy it back from the insurance regardless, because you could probably part it out for more than what its going to cost to buy it back.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
He tried to escape the scene...:backoff

I think I would have had a little heart to heart with the guy-cuss, but better it happen when no-one was in the truck and your not hurt... You can always transfer thee goodies to the next truck if she doesn't get resurrected.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep us posted.
there's options.
if you can buy back your truck from the ins. there's many kali idi's going cheap due to the economy out here. there's going to be pain but something good might come out of this.

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another bad thing is my when my buddies dragged him back the cops couldnt charge him with leaving the scene of an accident cause he was back there. but it was probably better to have him there and get arrested. this guy had warrents and prior alcohol convictions.

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will keep yall posted, i will pursue by back from ins cause this truck was about as good of a truck as a 94 with 100k miles can get, it ran great, had new tranny with upgrades. had factory turbo with ats upgrades, interior was tan-buckets in great shape. hell i loved this truck. i would like to maybe consider this the perfect specimen for an organ donor???
i a

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes absolutely. There should be some good 94-97 IDI and or PSD trucks with a dead motor but a straight body laying around. Even a swap to a g@sser isn't that bad since you'll have a complete donor diesel truck. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad this guy is off the streets. He needed to be caught, could have killed somebody.

zpd307

Reaction score
i would have slap-jacked his ass back. who would have known otherwise. just in a wreck and drunk to boot. the bruising would have blended in with the rest. :backoff

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it too early to ask how much for the turbo? anyways the last vehicle i totaled. my 07 R1 motorcycle, i told the insurance that it had aftermarket exhaust and a few other things that i had some money in. they told me that they were going to give me half of what i paid for that stuff so i took it off. bike left with no exhaust on it, i took half the bodywork and a few other things that you could tell gone. the way i see it if there not going to give you anything for it, keep it. you are selling your truck to them the same as selling it to a person, rebuilt things matter and make it worth more.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was very good that you caught the guy. All he would have had to say was he passed out at a party and somebody took the car keys. If damage to other property happens during the commission of a crime(auto theft), then the ins co doesn't have to pay out to you. Also, they couldn't get him for dui if he got away.
Give the ins co. copies of all receipts including the gears. If they ask they were already installed. If the ins co. tries to loball you then get your own appraisal. Clean it, wax it, do everything you can inside and out before the adjuster sees the truck. That'll bring up the value of the truck.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Man that sux to lose a truck like that. I would def. look at a buy back. I know 69oiler is looking for tan bucket seats for his CC. Thhe tranny and turbo upgrades would sell easily Keep us posted.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your rig. Nothing will truly replace a clean, upgraded, straight truck that you know all the history on, but money will help.

LOTS of great clean IDIs and Powerstrokes out there right now, I would also say that if you end up with your complete donor truck, converting a gasser would be a good option.

Again, sorry for your loss, but keep your options open and hopefully you can resurrect some of the heart and soul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online