Turbo help

Iron Horse

Reaction score
dazedandconfused said:
Teh best all around charger I have seen for the 500hp and below range is the HTT line! The HTT66Sledpuller is a great charger and they also have a 64 and 64 compressor housing option! Check them out! ROughly around $1600!

Andy

The 66 and 64 will surge way too much while towing. The 62 will work a lot better.

Iron Horse

Reaction score
Whitmore said:
I already have a wastegated 14cm housing so will this bolt up and save me some money there???

I don't think so, it might with some machine work to your exhaust housing, but the cost might be more then just getting the turbo with the correct housing already included.

Iron Horse

Reaction score
Whitmore said:
I have done just a touch of research on it and the B1 and B2 kinna cought my eye as to what I need, I thought the B1 and B2 were from a Schwitzer base???? Iornhorse know anything bout that? One other thing kinna botherin me is the fact that my Jacobs brake will have to go and then find a new 4" to replace it so as I am lookin at this I will need a new turbo, ofcourse a 3 piece manifold just to do it right and also an exhaust brake.....................so its gettin up there pretty quick$$$

The B2 is way too big for a single, it is better suited for the big turbo on a twins set up. A B1 and a B2 work great together.

The B1 is based on a Schwitzer center section, with a differnt front side, and depending on the application, a differnt exhaust housing.

From what research I have done, the HTT 62, Industrial Injection 62, and the B1 Bomber are all very similar turbos, there may be some differences in compressor wheel design, but they are all a 62mm wheel and housing. The B1 is the most $$ of the three, the HTT and Industrial Injection are a little less, but, very close in price.

A specific part # S300G has a 14cm wastegated exhaust housing, and a 61 mm compressor wheel and housing, and is roughly half the price of a B1, or the HTT 62 or Industrial Injection 62. Only problem is finding some one who has the S300G in stock. My turbo source is backordered for roughly 6-8 weeks.

I plan on running a S300G on my truck when I can get one, and later going to twins with a S300G and a B2.

Whit

Reaction score
Here is some interesting reading from HTT, I wonder if the HTB2 would fit my truck?I like the fact
that you can upgrade as you need to.

Our HTB turbo series features very strong, high-flow turbos for aftercooled Dodge Cummins engines.
With a 4" exhaust system, free-flowing air box and fuel enough to burn, 350-625 HP is the comfort range for these turbos.
The HTB line-up features extremely durable and responsive chargers. Even after the initial quick spool-up, our HTB turbos build boost even quicker than other hybrid turbos so that there is plenty of boost at low-end, for towing and, well, for sheer fun. The result is minimal smoke as well as even lower EGT's.
We offer 4 compressor choices culminating in the 66mm inducer of Sled Puller. You have a choice of two different high-flow wastegated turbine housing set-ups as well. You can get great spool-up. You can get drive pressures down to 1:1 ratio at 45 lbs boost.

AN IMPORTANT FACTOR TO CONSIDER WITH YOUR TURBO PURCHASE IS INEXPENSIVE UPGRADABILITY. WE DON'T WANT YOU TO GROW OUT OF YOUR TURBO IN 6 MONTHS.
Our turbos can grow right along with your horsepower needs. When you send in your HTB2 or HTB2/64, we will upgrade the compressor to the next step up for only $200. When you send in your HTBG, we will upgrade the compressor to the next step up for only $500.This way you can't go wrong. Your don't have to purchase a turbo that is too big for you and you don't have to risk getting one too small.
We also offer turbine housing upgrades. Often we can take your HTB 12cm2 turbine housing in trade for a 14cm2 housing (or 14 for 12) for just $150.00. Also, we can often machine the outlet flanges to different styles.
Often we can offer upgrades and improvements for "B-1" turbos, Schwitzer S300G turbos and "Super B" turbos (same turbo). Don't feel stuck. Ask us about these upgrade opportunities.

Keeping EGT's in check (1400 degrees at sea level), our customers most often report horsepower/torque in the following range for these models:
HTBG - 350-425 HP 950 ft. lbs. torque
HTB2 - 450-500 HP 1050 ft. lbs. torque
HTB2/64 - 500-550 HP 1150 ft. lbs. torque (KILLER B-2)
HTB2/66 - 550-600 HP 1225 ft. lbs. torque (SLED PULLER 66)

These turbos feature ported shroud compressor housings, well as dual ported wastegates with adjustable actuators set by our shop at about 40 lbs psi.
Keep in mind that boost equates to turbine speed and once you exceed "safe" boost levels of a turbo, any turbo will become a candidate for failure. Engine head gaskets and other components are at risk as boost levels approach 50 lbs.
Unlike the Schwitzer S300G, we sell our HTB2 with a choice of 12 or 14 quickspool modified turbine housings. We also give you the choice of turbine outlet flanges (standard HTB2, HX40 style 4" flange or 3rd gen flange). Other mods include an adjustable wastegate actuator and heavy duty bearings for durability.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hey Kevin, earlier you said twins weren't an option. why not????
Your PDR 35 is a perfect start.....

Whit

Reaction score
rubberfish said:
Hey Kevin, earlier you said twins weren't an option. why not????
Your PDR 35 is a perfect start.....

Because I can get what I need with one turbo mainly, I dont need power thruout the whole band, I also believe in the K.I.S.S. rule................Keep It Simple Stupid. I am so close with what I have now it is scary, I am almost wondering if a 3 piece manifold all ported and polished up might just be the added edge I need. Remember I do tow some heavy loads and thats when the mass flow is needed.

I am currently thinkin that the HTB2-62 is what I need but am still open for discussion.

Iron Horse

Reaction score
Whitmore said:
I am currently thinkin that the HTB2-62 is what I need but am still open for discussion.

The HTT HTB2-62 should work fine. I think pricing is somehwere in the 1400 dollar range.

Last I knew, Industrial Injection was running a special, and you could get any of their Phat Shaft turbos for $1100 or $1200 The B1 is around $1500, and a S300G with a 61 mm front wheel can be had for way less then $1000.

Whit

Reaction score
Great info Matt, thats a heck of a price on the S300G, may have to consider that b4 jumping.

Cheers, Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online