Turbo for E series

motoneil

Reaction score
I am in the market for a turbo for my 1992 van. I have done lots of looking and already know that the ATS kits will not fit. Will a banks kit for a truck fit the vans? This living at 4500 + feet with a n/a diesel is getting old. Last week I hauled 10k load of landscape bark and the van was hating life. Thank for the help in advance.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hypermax kit is your only option for new as far as I know. It uses a Y-pipe, and is not the pulse model since there is no way to get two up pipes in the doghouse.

motoneil

Reaction score
I know that Banks used to make a van kit as I had a 1994 van with one on it, but I have not found a van kit for sale yet. Mostly looking for a used kit as I do not want to double my investment in the vehicle. Only paid $1800 for it 3 years ago. Would be nice if the truck kit fits the vans too.

Last edited:

Dejomo

Reaction score
The Hypermax kit is your only option for new as far as I know. It uses a Y-pipe, and is not the pulse model since there is no way to get two up pipes in the doghouse.

I've got a 92 E350 HighTop ambulance... the Hypermax turbo charger kit I have uses the pulse turbo...there are two up pipes, one from each manifold that go into a cast iron piece that bolts to the rear of the passenger side head that also serves as the turbine housing mount.

Last edited:

Dejomo

Reaction score
83-87 Vans use the "Y" pipe for the up pipe. 88-94 use the two up pipe system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online