Turbo downpipe

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Apparently, the Banks turbo down pipe is no longer available.
Is there an alternative manufactured by someone else?

Failing that, are there bending instructions that I could give to a local shop and they could then bend a pipe to that pattern?

Reaction score
I could give you some measurements if worst comes to worst. But you could probably find one somewher. Last I spoke with banks (few months ago) they still had some

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get a powerstroke downpipe and cut the 90* end and v band off and put the factory idi stuff (v band and reducer) on the end (weld). there is a write up somewhere on here.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
you can get a powerstroke downpipe and cut the 90* end and v band off and put the factory idi stuff (v band and reducer) on the end (weld). there is a write up somewhere on here.

Well THANKS for that lead!!!!
That may be what I do.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its mr diesel's article in the tech section. About the only option we have left for our trucks unfortunately in the exhaust upgrade department............

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
For the truck in my sig if i go with a PSD downpipe and then 4 inch straight pipe would i be able to here the turbo at least a little? cuz i love turbo whistle and since i have a turbo diesel and not whistle it is kind of disapointing.:dunno

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
my cousin has a psd downpipe for sale. 3" i believe. he bought it for the truck and it blew a headgasket. brand new make an offer

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory turbo whistles a lot with the he wastegate plugged. But nowhere near as loud as my other truck with the same kit but the ats with the 3in downpipe and bigger exhaust housing.