Turbo Clearance issue

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, as long as the cab doesnt hit the bed. Could just be that the cab slit forward. puck lift is good, or try moving the cab back some, or both. As far as the mounts, ive seen worse, those arent too bad.

FWIW, if you would have done as you have here, on PSN, you wouldve gotten a MUCH better response, calling people ******* and telling them to **** off for saying fix something that you yourself said is broke, is not the best route to gaining helpfull advice.

Also not sure what he is referring to? And as the OP im confizzled?

I will have to look into sliding the cab back some. Would that just require loosening the mounts and pushing back on the cab? Also when we talk about hockey puck lifts, we are talking about buying 6 pucks and drilling a hole in them right? haha

Thanks for all the tips

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys, let's leave the PSN stuff at PSN, I've seen too many discussions brought back and forth that added no value to this forum and caused some heated arguments that resulted in the loss of a few members over the course...please do likewise with our discussions.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
The '77 scout I had, someone put double stacked hockey pucks. It worked great and they looked like they were in there a long time without any issues.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy put hockey pucks under his pickup, within 2 winters of hot/cold, snow/salt a few of them cracked. Upon a panic stop one of the cracked pucks came out and the body mount bolt broke and the whole cab got twisted around on the frame. Luckly nobody was hurt and nothing was damaged, but sure was a pain to fix.

With my truck and my money on the line I spent the 2 bucks a piece and bought the proper body lift "pucks" when I did a 1" on my last truck.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I put new body mounts in when I do the lift or just get new bolts and be on my way?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
lol no... that was to the OP, sorry i should have clarified that a bit better haha figured he would know who i was talking to, didnt think about it the other way.

i know what thread you are talking about over there. neither of these guys are that guy. pretty sure riotwarrior is a tid bit older than 16 LOL. (no offense riot)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....... pretty sure riotwarrior is a tid bit older than 16 LOL. (no offense riot)

No offense taken and ya...about 31 years older than that to be exact....I can raise **** when I want to....but for the most part I kinda don't like the telephone tough guy approach its so passe'

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, OP sent me a PM and it would appear i was mistaken, i edited the post along with an apology.

Back on track, whatever you do, DO NOT use 2x4s.. i seen the end outcome and it wasnt pretty.. pickup here... cab, not so much.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha no i don't plan on using 2x4s, I like the spacers pointed out in this thread on ebay. They are cheap and look pretty solid. But first I want to see if I can get any movement out of my current body mounts like Mel was saying. If i can get it pushed back enough to where its no longer rubbing I would be pretty happy.

Edit:

And thanks Harryboxnoogle, its all good.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't want to use hockey pucks, hit a local marine store and pick up a couple boat trailer rollers, they are inexpensive and you can cut what ever height you want..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the 1" body lift parts. Didn't know they existed! I'd gladly buy them instead of hockeypucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online