True dual exhaust??

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
More flow = more power, thats first grade stuff.. These things are choked thru one 2.5" hole from the factory and the super restrictive manifolds have 2" collectors.

Exactly my point. If the manifold only has a 2" opening then it is completely pointless to put bigger than a 2" pipe beyond that, other than for sound purposes

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres a quick vid of what mine sounds like with 3.5" straight pipe dumped just before the rear axle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDJsmDScEI

My plan is to run a 3.5" tailpipe over the axle and out the pass side, with the attention of very stock looking bends to be of the utmost importance. I like the way mine sounds now, aside from the droany-ness in the cab, but I think my plan would help with that. Plus Im tired of getting smoke/soot all over the rear bumper/tailgate/hitch. Right now its fairly subtle at idle, the engines definately louder than the exhaust lol. When you get on it it basically reminds me of a big block gasser with exhaust.

I think dauls would be cool but Im too cheap to spend the coin for double the pipe. And Im not really sold on true duals being that much better peformance wise than a good y-pipe/big single would be.

We've all been through the loud exhaust phase. :) Theyll grow out of it.

Nonturbo

Reaction score
I have 2.5in true duals on my truck. Like everyone said it is very loud but I love it. I have considered putting in an H pipe to balance it but I would recomend them if you dont mind the noise.
just my 2cents