truck wont turnover

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
i have a 92 f250 with the 7.3 idi it wont turn over all i hear is a click from the black box on the fender any one know what i need

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its probably very cold where you are. What condition are the batteries. Are the battery terminals clean and tight. This is the first place to look. Then try to rotate the crank by hand but make sure you turn it towards the drivers side direction. That way you wont loosen the bolt on the crank. I think its a 15/16 socket needed. If it turns freely then at least you know its not locked up internally.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Assuming that your batteries are fully charged and your cables are in good shape, sounds like your starter ist kaput. could possibly be the solenoid on the passenger fender, but if that one is clicking, it sounds like it's passing current and the starter is the culpret

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
right now its about -1 outside but its plugged in it could be the starter i have had a problem with it before the batteries are not that old but maybe the cold drained them i dont know

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds funny...mine wouldn't turn over this morning. Cold here too. What I did was turn the key without mashing the clutch, then mash it quick and hard....took off after that. I think it probably didn't actuate enough for the sensor to think it was in all the way... Could be something similar..

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys turns out the starter was bad i must have fryed it starting it last night when it was -12 at two in the morning after shoveling snow that was dumb cookoo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad it was something simple and not a cylinder full of rain water or coolant... That has happened here before too. That hood to firewall seal breaks down after a few years and rain water drips in on top of the non turbo air filter housing. Then drips down the wing nut hole and its all over but the crying...

02AutoWag

Reaction score
Glad it was something simple and not a cylinder full of rain water or coolant... That has happened here before too. That hood to firewall seal breaks down after a few years and rain water drips in on top of the non turbo air filter housing. Then drips down the wing nut hole and its all over but the crying...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... diagram, part number, and source please!!!

If I think it's what I think it is, mine is crumbling from age...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online