truck surges when cold, lope at idle?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked out a truck that surges when its cold. unfortunately for me i cant see it dead cold. im meeting the guy 1/2 way between my place and his. im wondering if im gonna experience the truck loping at all and what can i do to fix the surge and how?

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Sounds alot like my truck. Is it just surging or is it pining or popping when cold? i still havent figured this out but I am thinking a bad injector that is leaking or popping to early or late.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah just a loping. punch it up on youtube theres some awesome vids of loping powerstrokes lol

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem is there could be 10 trucks with a surge/lopey idle problem and not one of them have the same problem.you need to check it out when its totally ice cold.could be injector orings,EBPV,bad UVC wiring harnesses,a couple bad glow plugs,bad injectorfuel filter,depending on temps gelled fuel,needs an oil change.

Mutley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nasty cold nite here and forgot to plug the ol gal in. Took two attempts to start it and it loped about a dozen times before smoothing out. Lmao....dang thing's like a farm tractor. Never a lope issue when plugged in and instant firing. Well worth the electricity to avoid the super cold nonsense. Ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online