Truck died yesterday.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
Found some shotty wiring at the plug by the drivers side valve cover. Fixed that and replaced a maxi fuse, and all seems well.

PZ

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this earlier than today.

My truck was a wiring MESS when I got her....GP's didn't work right, had a toggle witch for the FSS and the high idle did what it wanted when it wanted when the engine was cold.

All I did was run a big wire from the driver side battery to an isolator switch, then from teh other side of the isolator switch I ran the wire to a fuse panel I stuck on the firewall.

The isolator switch ONLY comes on with the key in run. Acc will NOT light the panel up.

On the panel I have the GP relay, FSS and high idle, wo sets of back up lights and fog lights, CB radio and my switch panel all draw power from this.

I had pictures on here I thought, but I didn't upload the final product pictures. I can shoot some more when the sun comes out today and upload them tonight.

This simplifies things a LOT when trouble shooting under the engine bay..only a couple things can screw up and they are within plain sight when they do go south!

I am glad you got her all workin right! When I build my CC truck, I am going with 100% custom, color coded wiring ALL under the hood, no crawling up under the dash or under the cab to look for things!!

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I want to do a complete custom engine harness. My friend has the equipment needed to program micro processors. It would be really easy for me to build a new GP controller based on oil temp (like a PSD), and get rid of the resistance BS. It would also control the FSS, high idle, and the timing advance.

PZ

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I want to do a complete custom engine harness. My friend has the equipment needed to program micro processors. It would be really easy for me to build a new GP controller based on oil temp (like a PSD), and get rid of the resistance BS. It would also control the FSS, high idle, and the timing advance.

PZ

There is NO WAY a microprocessor, micro chip or ANYTHING besides wires would find it's way onto my IDI!!!

Too many things to happen, and too much $$ to fix them. As it stands right now, if EVERYTHING electrical in my truck went south, a 3 foot junk of wire, a flat head screwdriver and a little ether (all of which are behind the seat I might add) and I am on my way home.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
There is NO WAY a microprocessor, micro chip or ANYTHING besides wires would find it's way onto my IDI!!!

Too many things to happen, and too much $$ to fix them. As it stands right now, if EVERYTHING electrical in my truck went south, a 3 foot junk of wire, a flat head screwdriver and a little ether (all of which are behind the seat I might add) and I am on my way home.

The microprocessors are pretty cheap.

And it doesn't really matter what you do, 3ft of wire a screwdriver and a can of either will always get a idi home :)

PZ

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
It may be nothing but I had an 88 and got a recall on the ignition switch. Yours is newer but that's the first thing I thought of.

sorry to hijack but i have an 87 that the ignition was recalled on. never could get it working right. it would run everything but the starter. finally put a push button on it and all is well! and to the op, i would put a toggle swich on the fss. just to make sure it has power when you want it too and if it ever tried to run away you could kill the power to it. plus switches look cool :thumbsup: