Truck cant take fuel fast

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently have the bed off the truck correcting the quarter tank blues (front and back) Figured i would kill 2 birds with one stone

when I try to fillup, i can only hold the nozzle so its spitting fuel REAL slow, or else it clicks itself off. My fillerneck innards are not kinked, so Im thinking my vent hoses are damaged.

When I take the hose off of the vent valve, I can blow through it, but not too much air moves through. I bought replacement hose, which maybe flows twice the air as the old one. Wondering if that is enough to fix my filling problem?

Does anyone mknow of anything else that could be causing this problem so i can solve it while I have the bed off? Or a thread that discusses this? Have been looking for 20 mins to no avail!

You must be registered for see images attach

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to do the filler neck mod in tech section. Or hold the nozzle out of the tanks pretty much an fill its a pia. Also I need to what your doing I get half tank 115 miles per tank horrible.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my truck. I looked on the tec section and can not find the filler neck mod article.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
let me find a great article on this. i can't for some reason hyperlink right now in my posts. i will see if i can PM it to you if/when i find it.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Search this forum for "harpoon" it basiclly amounts to you take the stock rollover valve and replace it with a 1/2-5/8" hose and either run it high and dry or add an attachment for it on your filler necks as close to the cap as you can. Other option instead of replacing the valve is to gut it and change the barb size, your choice :)

Ill be doing this to my truck here shortly