truck always pulls right

Austin idi 7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just had my fronted all redone with tirodends and tires ( i did brakes and wheel baerings and needel baerings last summer)..and i just got the an alinement last week an yet the truck still drifts/pulls to the right..so is this normal fore a 4x4 truck or did i get screwed....bc i still have to hold the wheel to the left to keep the truck straight...but it's not as bad as it was so any ideas:dunno

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Let some air out of the left tire? j/k

Just becuse a truck was checked at a shop, dont mean it was done right..people do make mistakes.

My girlfriends brother just bought a 1997 Ram, and had it all checked out and it "passed with flying colors". But it still had a knock in the front end when driving. I crawled underneath and found two bad trailing arm bushings on one side....a day or so AFTER it was just safety checked.

BlueCrew

Reaction score
when you did the brakes did you check your brake caliper to see if it was sticking/draging

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
it could be worn out tires...if you didn't rotate the tires when you did your front end work, the front right tire likes to get shredded on the IFS front ends..assuming you have one

you're alignment could be fine and you could just have a feathered tire.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad is it pulling....sharp right or gradual? Just for S&G try driving on the left side of the road...see if it still ventures to the right. If it ventures left I would chalk it up the the normal curvature of the road. :dunno

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
How bad is it pulling....sharp right or gradual? Just for S&G try driving on the left side of the road...see if it still ventures to the right. If it ventures left I would chalk it up the the normal curvature of the road. :dunno

x2... some roads are curved a lot more than others... you should be able to notice it more or less with different roads... if it is consistently right, then back to the alignment shop

Black dawg

Reaction score
have you tried jacking up the front and running the motor? a bad steering gear can do this.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check left lower ball joint. If it's bad it will let the bottom of the tire tip out which in turn makes the wheel turn right, causing the pull. Just a thought, while your at it check all the ball joints.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just had my fronted all redone with tirodends and tires ( i did brakes and wheel baerings and needel baerings last summer)..and i just got the an alinement last week an yet the truck still drifts/pulls to the right..so is this normal fore a 4x4 truck or did i get screwed....bc i still have to hold the wheel to the left to keep the truck straight...but it's not as bad as it was so any ideas:dunno

Does you alignment shop give print outs of the alignment specs? The "tire barn" in my area will give you a print out of the alignment before they touch it, then give you a print out after they align it. If i recall correctly the print out gives you Camber, cross camber, toe, caster, and i think that's it. I wouldn't take it to a shop unless they give you that print out, its nice to actually see what they do.