Tranny Drain?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The post about not changing the filter because it can mess up the trans is something AAMCO would tell customers. changing the fluid and the filter is the only way to keep a trans operating correctly. I have the aluminum Mag HiTech trans pan. It has an extra 2 GALLONS capacity in it...:eek::thumbsup: The gasket is an o ring and it has a port for the temp sender along with a really nice o ringed drain plug. Magnet included too... It requires the 4x4 filter because it sits deeper in the 4x4 pans. It will be expensive to drain that and refill but with an extra 2 gallons of trans fluid I can loose 2 gallons plus on the road and still keep running safely. If I can't see a trail of trans fluid before its all pumped out I need to be walking anyway...

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The E4OD does not come stock with a drain plug. Not one of Ford's brighter ideas. But that can be rectified.

When I drained the ATF on my E4OD, by dropping the pan, I said, "never again". A member of the previous forum, we'll call it Brand X, found another Ford pan which will fit the E4OD, There are two advantages. It's a larger pan, holds more ATF, and should therefore run cooler perhaps. It also has a drain plug. That's a distinct advantage.

From his old post: "[FONT="]If you should want the deep oil pan for your E4OD with the drain plug and the reusable gasket, here is the part number for the kit, includes pan, gasket and bolts necessary to do the conversion:

F7TZ-7A194-DA

The pan itself, for the later E4ODs, is a

F81Z-7A194-BA"

I'll add a picture if I can find it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Somewhere I have a good picture of the pan mounted on the transmission, but I can't fine it now.
[/FONT]

When talking to the dealer with this part number, tell them its for a 4R100 and use a 4x4 filter.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the E4OD's have the drain plug in the torque converter like the old C6's did? If it does, then you can drain ALL the fluid out.

I don't think it's worth it to buy a new pan just for a drain plug. You do not change the oil in the tranny all the time like you do the engine correct?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Do the E4OD's have the drain plug in the torque converter like the old C6's did? If it does, then you can drain ALL the fluid out.

I don't think it's worth it to buy a new pan just for a drain plug. You do not change the oil in the tranny all the time like you do the engine correct?

Most factory spec single disk converters do have a drain plug.

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a plug on the pan of my e4od. So I took 1466ih advice and disconnected one of the cooler lines and pushed out about 2 qts. Thanks 1466IH!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't a plug on the pan of my e4od. So I took 1466ih advice and disconnected one of the cooler lines and pushed out about 2 qts. Thanks 1466IH!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

You could have "pushed out" 10 Qts, there is 17 Qts. in the tranny, just keep "pushing" until no more comes out. Then shut it off, won't hurt anything, but it should be on the return line.

PUSHING, sounds like it's giving birth.:rotflmao

But if you had done this, then you change all the fluid, not only the 9-10 Qts in the pan, but all the fluid in the clutches and torque converter.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sho...-E4OD-or-4R100