Trade $

BMF

Reaction score
Hello, been on the site for a little while but haven't posted much.
I'd like to know what you guys have been offered for you'r trucks. I thought about tradin' in the '04 the other day because of the rebates I was told I could get. Was offered $23,500 for the truck in my sig and I would keep all the extras. I've got 36,000 miles on it and it's in in good shape. To make a long story short I backed out after driving a few trucks when the dealer told me he was wrong on the rebates and I'd have to add around $2,500 back to price of the new truck. One thing I did find out was that I could get a nicely equipped mega cab SLT with the cummins and four wheel drive for a sticker price of around $44,500. I could have bought the truck for around $34,500 out the door. That's a far cry from the $53,000 plus prices I've read about on the net.
By the way yall' have a great site! all the other sites seem like everyones ******* are in a *** all the time.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes, Oilburners. We like to keep our ******* un-wadded here.

rubberfish

Reaction score
We're supposed to be wearing *******? :eek:
I didn't know this was a formal event. :oops:

Sorry, not trying to steer this the wrong way.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 25g is "normal" trade in, thats what we've been giving...give or take

BMF

Reaction score
I figured they'd offer between 25-27 but when they looked up how much I paid for it and how much I owed on it they hit me with 22,500. I laughed and they came back with 23,500 and said I could keep the extras. I'm gonna go ahead and keep the truck really don't care to get a new one. I was getting my oil changed and a salesman hit me up so I looked.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
BMF said:
I was getting my oil changed and a salesman hit me up so I looked.

That irritates me the most.... Here I am sitting in a SERVICE waiting area and SALESmen come into it hitting up for new sales.

Had this happen one time at a local Ford dealer. Sales Mgr was around the corner and the waiting room was full... black dude started hitting people up for sales and got to me.... I told him in no uncertain terms -cuss that he was to get out of the area, if we wanted sales, we would have gone to the SALES floor... not SERVICE waiting room. He gets all irritated and turns to leave.... and everybody stands up and starts clapping. :rotflmao :rotflmao He mutters something about us all being idiots as he leaves. :eek:

Mgr sticks his head in and gives the evil eye.... and he apparently irritated an older guy sitting there.... he got flipped the bird. Later found out there was no love between these two. :D Needless to say most of the people there that day spoke with the SERVICE mgr and complained.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see that happen alot. even as a service tech...kinda ****** me off. but what can ya do.

Whit

Reaction score
Ask em a bunch of questions they cant answer, really ****** them off when you know more than they do :thumbsup:

BMF

Reaction score
The salesman trying to sell a truck doesn't bother me that much. These guys are just trying to make a living. Most of the time I just tell 'em not today. It's the uninformed salesman that get to me. These clowns wasted 2 hours of my time and when it came down to it they had the rebates all wrong. I know the guys so it wasn't a sales ploy. They just didn't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online