Trade 2 zf5's (one complete swap) for a E4OD and labor to install

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal...
I am just wondering if anyone would be interested in trading their "good" E40D for 2 zf5 transmissions. One of the zf5's will be a complete swap kit (minus driveshaft) with a SMF and clutch (less than 10K miles on SMF and clutch). I am looking for someone to swap their E4OD into my truck in exchange for my zf5's. This could be a real good deal for someone that has a little time on their hands and want's to do a 5 speed swap on their truck. I have a shop to do the work in, a trans jack and all the necessary tools, I just need your trans/converter and your labor. I am located in mid Missouri so person would either have to come to me, or complete the work on my truck then get the zf5's. Anyone interested??? Not desperate, I can do it myself... just really don't want to and don't have the time. If interested just let me know

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
two old stick shifts are worth one E40D.i like it.lol.;)

you'll also need their wiring harness,and brain with it.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the truck they are going into is an E4OD equipped truck. I purchased the zf5's to do the swap, but just can't find the time to get it done (too many other projects to work on). I then purchased my 94 4x4 zf5 truck so I haven't done anything to this 2wd E4OD truck and I am sick of seeing it sit. I think that it is a very fair trade, old E4OD's aren't worth squat most of the time, but zf5's are always desired. I am offering a complete zf5 swap kit (pedals, slave cylinder, clutch, SMF, and other associated hardware), and another zf5 in exchange for the E4OD swap. Shouldn't take someone longer than a day (I have air tools and trans jack), and they can have their zf5!!!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Are you looking for a 4wd E4OD or a 2wd one? I'd be interested in the deal but I have 4wd E4OD's.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean,
I am looking for a 2wd one (my zf5's are 2wd as well). I know a 4wd E4OD is worth quite a bit more than a 2wd... I wish we could work something out, I would love to meet you and see your brown truck. My CC is identical to your Mom's blue CC if I remember correctly.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well at the very least, plan on going to the midwest rally, it sounds like it'll be in Missouri, I'd most likely see ya there!
My moms CC is the Teal Greenish/Bluish color. lol My dads CC is the Blue and silver one.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you were closer id pull the ford reman e4od i just put in my truck and swap with you.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 4x4, and closer to ID, Father in law has a c-6 truck he would love to have ZF'd.. course it burns a qt of oil every twelve miles, so driving there makes no sense til that is addressed.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2wd e4od in a 94 that I may be interested in trading. Its just a bit of a drive from central fl lol.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it has to be an E4OD for a 91 and earlier because for the speedo output on the trans. That's the reason I am looking to trade... I installed a low mileage ford reman (11K miles) from a 94 and upon installation I found that there was no way for me to hook up my mechanical speedo. The 92 and up trans (at least most of them) use a speed sensor rather than a mechanical speedo drive, and you have to completely remove the guts from the transmission to swap the tailshafts. So I guess I should be clearer:

I need a E4OD for a 91 2wd truck.

I think this will be a good deal for someone if they are close enough, and if they need a place to stay for an evening or two they are welcome... upon approval of the wife :)

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean,
Yeah, my truck is identical to your mom's... the color is called reef blue (it was the same one that came on the fox body mustangs of the era). I sure don't like the color, but I guess it's OK (could be worse).

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can't find anyone to take me up on the E4OD swap then I will be parting out a 91 SC 2wd DRW with 4:10 LS (I think). And then I will be selling a complete zf5 swap kit, and another zf5. Hopefully someone will want to trade... but I don't need or really want the truck.

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd - What year truck is your trans coming out of? I would love to do the trade with you, but it sure would be a long trip for you. I am definitely interested if it has the 91 and earlier mechanical speedo provision.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
currently its in my 95psd.but it came out of a 93 e350 u-haul truck.the speedo hole has a plastic plug in it and has the gear for the speedo on the shaft.dont know why they didnt just stuff a freeze plug in it,reminds me i gotta do that before i run it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online