Tow and Haul RV transporter build

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to working on my own economic stimulus package today.

Decided to tackle the extendable stinger hitch. Had to grind 2' of factory weld seam out of the 4" square receiver tubing.......took 3 hrs with a die grinder taped to a piece of pipe with the handle taped wide open using the air hose to turn it on and off.... (Don't try this at home, I am a proffessional LOL)..... NOTE TO SELF, Remember to order seamless tubing next time DOH!!!

The extendable stinger is needed when I have a trailer or trailers with an actual length of over 28' on the bed. I can load up to 32' of trailer on the bed using my maximum allowed 4' of overhang.

Fit is tight, had to clean up the 3-1/2" tubing of all rust scale and lube it with silicone. Slides free now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cut the safety chains to length and installed, Clevis on one end and hook on the other. makes it easy to wrap the chain around the stinger for any length setting I move it out too.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:rotflmao heeheehee...never thought about driving that thing around and out past the tree ;Poke ;p

Now ya just need momma to follow you down the road with the video camera :eek:----- LOL

We got that extension on and the bogie as die straight as possible so I don't see any worries :angel:

Ya still need that Hole Hawg for mebee drilling some sleeper skin rivets ;p

Looking SWEET Mike!...now go make some moneys with it....and give that Durdge a rest :D

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wooo Hoooo..... NO more re-runs!!!

Nice stinger set up. How much weigth do you think will actually be on the stinger when all the way out and using a weight distributing hitch...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dayum, I forgot to get that Hole Hawg back to ya.:idiot::oops::sorry: I think using that thing for sleeper skin rivits is akin to using a sledgehammer on a finish nail.LOL

You back to work yet or are ya still sittin at home raiding the fridge:angel:

Didn't get chit accomplished today.

Was too busy exercising my second ammendment rights this morning buying 30 round magazines, more .223 Remington FMJ ammo and drooling over toys for my AR15 and then after I got home I found out my parents house in McKinney Texas burnt up while they were away at a wood carving class for senior citizens.

Fortunatly they are OK as is my sister and her daughter that stay with them, unfortunatly their 4 dogs were killed in the fire. RIP little friends.

Needless to say, my guts are a bit twisted right now and I have no idea what I'm gonna do but i prolly ain't gonna accomplish squat on the truck the next few days or so while I figure it out.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wooo Hoooo..... NO more re-runs!!!

Nice stinger set up. How much weigth do you think will actually be on the stinger when all the way out and using a weight distributing hitch...

No more than if it's all the way in and using the WD hitch. :D

BTW, we generally don't use the load bars with these trucks. They have a tendancy to rip the tounges off the trailers or break them in half when you do. Not a pretty sight.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Mike so sorry to hear about your parents home and dogs. At least they are safe. Nothing but best wishes for you and them.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Mike, Sorry about your parents house and pets. Glad they weren't hurt.
I know how they feel, we lost a house to fire when I was eleven and it is definitely a heart wrenching experience.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it..... sorry about your parents place.... and the 'friends'....

Buy those 30 rounders while you can. Seems like they are drying up and getting pricey. I missed the 9.99 sales that Midway USA had on them some time back. Best I have heard is about $13.00 or so online.... but $$$ is tight... every time I think I'll have a little spending cash left... :puke: goes the money. And I still have some toys to complete too...

Mind if I ask how much the mags run in your neck of the woods & the ammo?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That is one sweet looking build.
Don't feel bad about what you spent on that driveshaft, you got a deal ;Sweet
It must be nice to live somewhere where there is some competetion in driveline shops, around here there's 2 places in the state. and it ran me over $1200 to get 2 custom driveshafts made up for my f350 to put my 5831 spicer brownie in :eek: Granted, that front one is long and he built the thing stout enough to go into a class 8 truck because he was worried about something breaking at that length, but when I went to pick the thing up, I seriously doubt it'll break....especially since the darn thing is so heavy, I cant hardy pick it up :rotflmao
But I paid over $1200 for 2 complete shafts with no center support bearings, just basic driveshafts, first one was a long one with a 1350 joint at one end and a slip yoke 1480 on the other and a flange yoke then the short shaft was about 18" with a 1550 on one end, a slip yoke then a 1350 on the other. Nothing fancy. THat's all I got for my $1200, so you got a heck of a deal.

Sometimes is sucks being out here in third world america having to pay these prices, but it wouldn't be worth it to try to mail order a driveshaft,Shipping would be murder and if there was a problem it would end up probably costing me more in the long run.

And this was the cheaper shop ( and thankfully the one with the better reputation ) and the flange yoke in the bill was only about $30. I had earlier bought my other flange yoke from the other driveline shop and the thing ran a hundred bucks

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all.:angel:

Buy those 30 rounders while you can. Seems like they are drying up and getting pricey. I missed the 9.99 sales that Midway USA had on them some time back. Best I have heard is about $13.00 or so online.... but $$$ is tight... every time I think I'll have a little spending cash left... :puke: goes the money. And I still have some toys to complete too...

Mind if I ask how much the mags run in your neck of the woods & the ammo?

Locally I can get the Bushmaster 30 round .223 mags a Jim's Gun & Pawn for $29. The ones I picked up at shooters supply yesterday were $19 each, these do have Magpul followers too.

Federal .223 Remington ammo is $42.77 (with tax) for 100 rounds at Walmart.

Being prepared with a full combat load...... PricelessLOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Damn Mike...real sad to hear about the fire and pups...do they need anything or can WW and I send something for you guys to take if going to visit?

I'll give 2 short and 1 long blast on the air horns when I come down so you have time to clear and lock ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Mike...real sad to hear about the fire and pups...do they need anything or can WW and I send something for you guys to take if going to visit?

I'll give 2 short and 1 long blast on the air horns when I come down so you have time to clear and lock ;Sweet

Thank you George and WW. Don't need anything and not planning to go down yet unless they decide to take me up on the offer to bring my 5vr down for them.

Both the Insurance company and my brother are doing well for them. The insurance company already brought in a general contractor they recommended on the job and has already brought in cleaning crews to salvage what they can from the house and construction crews to start gutting the structure and put it back together that will also allow them to make wanted changes since it is gutted.

They were told it would take about 6 months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online