Homemade or store bought...

What cha got?;Really

Where'd you get it?;Really

What'd it cost?;Really

How do you like it?;Really

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust pipe chain cutter works the best. No dust or metal shavings and it's fast.
You must be registered for see images

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
tin snips ought work :D

only if they come with a first-aid kit:rotflmao

I can only find chain-type pipe cutters that go to 3.5 inches, and my oil filters are 4" O.D. I could modify them, but I'd rather find a better tool. Ebay has heavy-duty cutters, but they start at $70 and go up to $300, not including shipping.

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Exhaust pipe chain cutter works the best. No dust or metal shavings and it's fast.
You must be registered for see images

that’s what i used but i had trouble with the cutters breaking through in one area faster that the other. then they got REAL hard to turn. might just be my technique though.

i did see a set up in jegs for 40, looked like a drill press clamp with 3 cutters to get around the diameter.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there such thing as a large tubing cutter. What I am thinking about the the little cutter you use with copper tubing. With a cutter wheel, and a bearing and spin around the tube, tighten a bit, and repeat. Do they make a large version of this?

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
id remove the whole assembly and cut it with a grinder the wipe it clean and wash it, wait we are talking about the soup bowl right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online