Took the plunge...

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Ordered my PA Biodiesel centrifuge tonite, also picked up a pretty nasty L shaped bed tank from a member here. (forgot to get his screen name)

Anyway, I have a hard time swallowing the $400 plus pump from PA Biodiesel. Anyone make up their own pump? Got pics?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my very homemade pump, kinda hard to see.
Old PS pump with a old power washer electric motor. On top of an old air compressor tank.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without looking at it, I think 1750, I had a smaller pulley on but had some problems and went back to the original.
Put the pulley on reverse so it would line up with the motor pulley.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I'm using a power steering pump too. I was turning it with a 1/2 hp motor until the motor went bad, now it has a 3hp motor that spins twice as fast (now 3450 rpm).

I also drilled the pump fitting larger so i get almost 10gpm flow, which is very nice when transferring the finished fuel.

My p/s pump is off a 92 VW and uses an external reservoir so the only mod was to weld a pipe fitting to the OE fitting.

Heres some old pics...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Same for me, got a Honda powersteering pump with a 1/2 HP motor (I think). Make sure it turns the right direction with the motor and has no reservuar. They are much easier to work with. If you get the high pressure line with the pump you can usually cut it were the steel line ends and clamp a rubber line over it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy 350 oil pump with electric motor here. Bio farmer set me up with it, its a pretty slick setup.

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two problems with my SBC pump.One the shaft leaks oil,two it doesn't flow fast enough.Time for a BBC pump with a oring machined around the shaft...Got a 3/4 hp motor that spins at 1750 rpm.It will be a nice improvement over the 1000RPM industrial drill I was using to drive it.

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check eBay. You can get some for cheap. Just picked one up for 35 bones.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Anyone got an extra power steering pump they want to sell me?

i got one with no tank from a dodge neon i think. i paid 20 for it, so if its worth that plus shipping to you let me know.

got a shot of my setup, ended up using a pump from a honda since it turns the same direction as my motor.

Attachments

• centrifuge.jpg
    centrifuge.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 124

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
i got one with no tank from a dodge neon i think. i paid 20 for it, so if its worth that plus shipping to you let me know.

got a shot of my setup, ended up using a pump from a honda since it turns the same direction as my motor.

Take paypal? Should fit in a flat rate USPS box, I would guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online