MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
carry a paintball at all times fir "suspended anamation" LOL

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. ;Sweet

Been having a Bad day with the Truck and I thought of this thread.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
relax, drink a beer or 12,
i thought of you today when i couldnt get my turbo out,
i removed the IP and injection lines, she slid right out.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score

Hmm I'll have to look at that.

Congrats on getting it off. ;Sweet

Averysm09

Reaction score

My typical Friday night ((this time trying to replace wore out tie rod ends and drag links on my solid front F250)):
1) try to get the old part off
2) maybe some PB Blaster and a couple smacks with a sledge will help
3) maybe just a couple beers while the PB soaks in
4) really really hitting it with a sledge now
5) broke sledgehammer, thank God neighbor has another (wait for him to get it, drink a beer)
6) cussing, "tossing" tools
7) more beers
8) finally get the old part off
9) 1+ hours to hook up the new (beers during installation)
10) grease
11) tighten, done

12) ALMOST, I messed up and one of the tires turned in on me before I put the new drag links on. Now I have a cross-eyed F250. At least it's on right?
13) It's going to be 20-ish tonight, I'll plug it in
14) Next day, unplug........batteries are dead
15)deep breathes, deep breathes

This is my life...for anyone that thinks it's just them....there are more of us out there.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely how every time I work on my truck goes. I also block out a weekend and often that isn't even enough. Oh, and the in between is filled with cigarettes and coffee for me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

pafixitman

Reaction score
No, there is a lot of us in this boat.

I will always remember my first post on the other site that was answered by Pete. Glowplugs... sure 'nuff 3 were dead. Even though I no longer have the truck (or any for that matter) I still sneak on here and look around. I wish I had the post or pics, but for the newbies my truck threw a pushrod thru the rocker cover in Columbia, SC. I drove it to Boiling Springs pulling a 5r and replaced it with International parts and parts over nighted to me by a couple members here with help (and food, drink, lodging, babysitting) provided by another member. Yes, he took days off work to assist me. I drove that truck to Myrtle Beach for one day then non stop to Hanover, PA on 7 cylinders pulling a trailer with a (then) wife and two kids.

These trucks will always have a place in my heart.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Meh, it's how it goes. Sometimes I feel like I spend all my time evenings and weekends maintaining the fleet. There was a time it felt like I did nothing but wheel bearings and brakes all month. Other times it'll be several months with nothing required. Just the nature of it.

As for the reasons for or against a new truck... My choice to drive 30-50 year old vehicles comes mostly down to keeping government out of my life (no inspection) along with safety (visibility/accident avoidance). Other factors include needing a vehicle that gets me where I need to go every time, ease of maintenance, longevity, durability, quality, among other things such as a dislike of electronics and computers. New vehicles simply have nothing I want and I strongly dislike having to drive anything newer than the 90s. I had a fuel injected car once, it was the only vehicle I ever owned that I needed starting fluid when it was below freezing out. Threw a pile of money at it and could never get it to start reliably in the cold. Also did that weird emissions thing all new cars do where you let off the gas and push the clutch to shift and the engine either maintains RPM or slightly increases, then slowly decreases. No thanks, I like vehicles that just plain wokr and have crisp throttle response

If they made a brand new 1976-1977 Supercab 4x4 with a 460 equipped with Holley double pumper and 5 or 6 speed and without the government threatening to cage or kill me if I don't play show and tell, I'd be all over it. Sadly I've never own one as they are all subject to emissions inspection here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726