To all our friends in the South

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
We've spent the better part of the last two days in the basement. Had a couple of swirlers go right over the house but nothing touched down till it got a ways past. one of them was the worst I've ever seen. WE brought a bunch of food from my wife's restaurant by that night for the rescue workers and we could barely get into the town of Vilonia there was so much debris. Had to loan a friend of mine my generator who lives there, he lost part of a roof and his shed and a bunch of other stuff. I just lost some siding and shinglesin the winds
Right below my house down the hill the road was flooded about 2 1/2 feet deep. Looks like we actually get today and tomorrow for a break before it all starts back up again :rolleyes: THis time of year when this noise rolls through, I don't get any sleep. It always starts in teh afternoon and goes through the night. someone has to stay half awake for the tornado warnings

Been trying to get work done on the truck and everytime I open something up the blamed clouds open up too and I have to run back inside -cuss

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Robert... I have been thinking about you and your family. I've been thru lots of earthquakes and never felt scared... Till I road out a tornado in Oklahoma City once. We were in my 5th wheel when it came thru. The wind was so ruff that it blew away all the gravel in the campground. The rain was like a firehose. After it passed I drove us under a freeway underpass and stayed there all nite... Had to hide because of the golf ball sized hail on its way... Three days later electricity was still not back to the campground so we left... I never want to see another twister like that again... I'll handle the shaking ground...

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
we had one come threw when i was in lima ohio. was a small one, but everyone from our office was in the pit in the shop hiding. boss was telling us to keep working. HA! screw that. i sat my **** in the pit till the sirens stopped. we didnt get hit but the wind blew over 2 53ft semi trailers that were parked in our lot.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7 out of the last 9 days, we've had Tornado warnings (actual tornado seen). Thank God, no serious damage was done and no one here was killed. Other areas where not so lucky. Tennis ball size hail fell in the next county on Tuesday.:eek: Every pond, field, and river is flooded here. Glad to see some sunshine today.:hail

Heath

Last edited:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had around 12 tornadoes from Dallas up to where we are on the Oklahoma border. Tons of wind and small floods have been the norm this week.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
On Easter, Abilene ( about 50 miles west got hit with golf ball and baseball size hail.
Tornado near Potosi, Moran, and Ranger. Ranger is about 10 miles from us. There were more tornadoes in Brown county south of us. As far as I know no one was seriously hurt or killed in these areas. They call this region the Big Country.
I think there were some bad storms in Tyler where Fordguy100 is at also.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was, luckily, in a wedge during the storms. Got plenty of rain, but all of the big stuff seemed to just go around.

Prayers to anybody affected by the storms.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Where we live is at the beginning of the plains just east of the Rockies. Not like those of you that live in tornado alley or the southeast this week. We've had one tornado in 15 years I've been in this house. However, 50-60-70 mph sustained winds are more the norm this time of year than the exception. Today being no different. I feel for those of you going thru the tornados this week...I'm tired of the wind too.

Tom

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Yes! hope everyone is doing well and best wishes for you and your families.

I've been following some coverage on the news and I cannot wrap my head around it. You guys are brave--We don't get those things out here and they still scare the living crap out of me! :eek:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Yes! hope everyone is doing well and best wishes for you and your families.

I've been following some coverage on the news and I cannot wrap my head around it. You guys are brave--We don't get those things out here and they still scare the living crap out of me! :eek:

When we walk out the front door and see one hanging in the sky it scares the crap out of us too!

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
My friend's mom is running a fund-raiser for the victims in North Alabama this weekend. On short notice, obviously, so they are using what's on hand- his ex-Uhaul IDI! They're loading it up with donations and driving it up to Tuscaloosa.

My heart goes out to those whose lives have been forever changed...I used to live in T-town, and I just can't wrap my head around this. I wish I could take a week off and go up to help but work won't frickin let me.