Tire Question

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Several part question?

Hey all I'm thinking about changing my wheels and tires from a 16.5" to a 20 " this is the tire specs that I have looked at.. I'm having a little problem understanding the Max load at the bottom What does it mean by 3086 @ 0?? I guess I'm asking will I still be able to haul a decent size trailer with these??

Size Service Description------305/50R20
Sidewall--------------------------VSB
Rim Width Meas.---------------11.0- 8.5
Rim Width -----------------------9.5
Section Width-------------------12.4
O.D.-------------------------------32
Width Max.----------------------10.5
Max. Load-----------------------3,086 @ 0

This is basically what came on the truck when I got it ??? And I never had a problem hauling anything??

Size Service Description------305/70R16LT
Sidewall--------------------------OWL
Rim Width Meas.---------------8.0- 9.5
Rim Width -----------------------9
Section width-------------------11.4
O.D.-------------------------------31.7
Max. Load------------------------2,910 @ 50

So I guess what I'm asking is "what problems would I have with the 20" tire Vs. a 16 or 16.5"?? I don't tow that much but I want to be able to hook to a Gooseneck or 5th wheel and haul it if I want..

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Just making a stab in the dark but I would assume that the 5 was missed on the PSI for the 20" tire...

Most of the tires I have seen in that size show a load rating of 3080 @ 50 psi for that tire size

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Yeah I would have thought that also ...but there are several on the web site just like that?? I've e-mailed the tire company to ask them about it?? Thanks fot the reply.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dieselmaster
Just making a stab in the dark but I would assume that the 5 was missed on the PSI for the 20" tire...

Most of the tires I have seen in that size show a load rating of 3080 @ 50 psi for that tire size

Got this from the tire company.

These tires can hold 3,086 pounds if filled to their maximum air pressure which is indicated on the sidewall of the tire.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
So that's kind of like a "D" rated tire...

I used to have D rated on my truck... ran ok with them... They are more squishy feeling than E rated when under load but driving unloaded you can't really tell a difference.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
So it should be O.K. ?? I don't haul much (we not much more than ***) but I drive the truck more like a sports car than a truck..I think thats the tire I'm gonna go with...Thanks for the Help

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
You should be fine....

Most of the ones I have seen in that size are Speed rated at a "V" and load rated at a 120 ... which comes out to

V = 149mph
120 = 3080 pounds

They are actually speed rated better than most all terrain tires.. And like I said before, they are like a "D" rated LT tire... but rated to go faster... which since your haulin *** then these are probably even better for you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel