Timing Meter

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to purchase a meter and have been searching post to see what I should buy. Alot of the post I have been reading are a couple years old. Any suggestions. Sounds like the pulse method may be the way to go.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is correct. I will be renting out several kent moore meters I have. If you want to get on the list pm me and your on the list. Its that easy. My fee is $50.00 plus you pay shipping back to me. I may just pay the shipping to you but have really not factored much thought into that yet. I know its a flat rate shipping from my post office of $10.95 so thats not so bad. I'm hopeing to have this up and running in about a week or two. All the tools needed are in the meter box too. All you do is connect the meter. Start engine and rev to 2000rpm. See what you timing is and shut it down and then make an adjustment or leave it where it is... thats easy...:sly

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried sending you a pm but it says I have my pm's turned off and I don't know how to turn them on. I would like to rent one.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Might I make a suggestion regarding Mr. icanfixall's meter loan program. The $50 Gary is charging for this service is WAY less than the value of the meter. If the meter were to get lost or damaged on it's return trip to Gary they are very hard to replace. Any time I send something of value through the USPS I ALWAYS get insurance on the package. It's really quite cheap, then if anything happens Gary won't end up getting the "shaft"...

;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I tried sending you a pm but it says I have my pm's turned off and I don't know how to turn them on.

Here is how...

1) click on user cp.
2) In the user cp menu look on the left side collumn.
3) Find the heading titled Settings & Options.
4) Click edit options.
5) On the next page that loads look for the section that has your messaging options. It will be the second one down.
6) Then in that section find the little heading that says Private Messaging.
7) select enable private messaging.

There ya have it. You should be able to PM now.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Thats a fine way to ship it back to me. Yes... these meters cost around $650.00 for just the meter. Then the magnetic crank probe is another $275.00 then you need the clamp on probe plus the clamp. These are very easy meters to use. They will come preset to you. all you do is connect the leads to the hard line and the crank probe location. Then connest the 12 volt power. Then press the lower rocker switch and the computer sets itself and your ready to start the engine and rev to 2000 rpm... Simple. These kent moore meters will do the pulse, lumi or timing lite type of timing all on the same meter. Really kinda handy meter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online