Timing Meter Rental

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel I should explain some things that must be done when attempting to operate my timing meters when you guys use them... Clean connections are the most important item. This means the injector line needs to be sanded clean of any rust or paint. Plcae the clamponany straight section of the line... I found that the number 4 injector line works the best for me. I felt I had a problem with the number oneinjector so I tried the number 4 cylinder... It timed fine. I swapped the injectors and number one still was not working right...I bought a new injector line for number 1 from a van because they do not have the large Rotunda timing fitting on them... Same probelms.Then the magnetic probe position at the timing tab needs to have a 5/16 drill bit run thru it by hand. This may take some time to get it all the way thru to the dampner. Just use some pliars or a tap bit for this... You hopefully wont need a drill motor spinning a bit in the hole. And its the tall skinny position you need to clean out.These instructions are clearly printed on the meter and they are in the instruction booklet that comes with the meters. Connect all the lines. Connect the power and press the bottom rocker switch so set the offset. Then start the engine and rev to 2000 rpm... Yer dun... Adjust if necessary. I emailed all of you guys my cell number for any help with questions.I live everyday with my cel but one place I wont take it with me....:angel:

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh I am on the list but don't have a tach and never thought of it before. Is that going to stop me from using your rental tool?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I gave the one extra adapter I had to Ron at the rally

you mean an extra 1/4 clamp? thats what i need. you can buy them for $68 from tinytach and i did have a new one i just cannot for the life of me find the damn thing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have one of these wrenches and they are spectacular. Try all you want but you will not find a better one or a less expensive one anywhere... These wrenches actually are about twice as good as the oem wrench that Ford got from OTC. These are adjustable in length so you get any easier pull when turning the pumps. The Ford factory wrench sometimes requires two people to make an adjustment to timeing... One to pull the wrench and one to tighten the nuts. You can loosen the injection pump hard lines at the pump too ease up the stress needed but thats not always going to be possible.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jason, I didn't know you had a new toy for us! Sweet man, I'm going to have to order one for my Birthday.:D

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger