Timing Meter Availability

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have 2 meters available at this time. Usually I have more but this is whats available now. Usuall shipping time to the east coast is three days but I have seen it take 2 days to reach Mich. I'm on the west coast. I have looked into overnite shipping but it was around $60.00....:eek: Thats robbey right there when its only $12.00 in a flat rate box. The rental fee is still $70.00 and I pay the shipping to you. The meter comes with the two special tools to time the idi engines plus I offer my cell number just in case you have a question. I ship the day I see the funds in my paypal account. To ask more questions please pm me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
At thius time on ebay there is a J 33300 and a J33300-A meter on ebay. The J33300 is offered at $315.00 and thats about $100.00 way too much. The newer J33300-A is offered at $450.00. Thats a fair price but not a great price. They list for $800.00 but can be bought for low $625.00 area. Both of these are make and offer too. They have been listed for months. Gees.. I wonder why the sellers don't drop the price to get interest. The most I would offer for the J33300-A is $250.00. Not many calls for these meters any more. They both will time by clamp probe. timing lite or luminosity probe timeng. When I rent out these meters I send the probes for the clamp on probe timing method. Reason I wont send out a lite or a lumi probe is I want you to use the meter micropresser. All you do is clean 2 locations. connect the probes and rev the engine to 2000 rpm. The micropresser does al the work. It will tell you what your timing is to a tenth of a degree. So if you wanted 9.4 instead of 9.5 you can get that. No way can a lite shooting on the timing tab get that close nor can the lumi probe do that. Here is the meters on ebay..http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-...ools&hash=item3cd508ce67&vxp=mtr#ht_552wt_971

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently used this rental service to time my e250 and it worked great. Simple to use and icanfixall was great to do business with. He provided his cell number and was happy to help.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can attest to Gary's/icanfixalls rental service. The meter got to me in 2 business days, everything worked as it should, I called him up as I was having a small issue, he squared me away. Timed truck to 9.8 deg btdc, runs much better now. Not soft and fat in the low rpms. Still slow, but not soft at least. TOOBRO TIME!
Thanks!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel the service I provide is a worthwhile service. How many members are driving around not knowing what the timing is on their trigs. Anytime we change a injection pump or the injecters the timing needs to be checked. Otherwise mileage and hp is left on the table. I have timed many rigs. One was 3.5 degrees retarded. That engine sounded like a gasser it ran so quite. We fixed that and it had a new found hp that was in the engine. After around 50,000 miles the timing wil change some especially if the injecters have never been shimed after 5000 miles. Not knowing what the timing is will be like driving across country with no fuel gauge and no speedometer. Its a wag at best. Anyone that gets a pump from Mel really needs to have someone time their engine. Otherwise you will never know what the engine can do with a Moose pump.

ToNyX345

Reaction score
i have replaced all the fuel bypass lines the steel fuel lines, bought rebuilt injectors and shipped my injection pump out to have it rebuilt, new glow plugs new fuel pump inline electric pump prior to the crank pump, ive been driving it for a year like that it wont go over 2400-2600rpms and sounds like a big block v8 when reved up

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have replaced all the fuel bypass lines the steel fuel lines, bought rebuilt injectors and shipped my injection pump out to have it rebuilt, new glow plugs new fuel pump inline electric pump prior to the crank pump, ive been driving it for a year like that it wont go over 2400-2600rpms and sounds like a big block v8 when reved up

That's nice, but I think you forgot to include a point.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
his point is it wont rev past 2600 i think.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
As mentioned before I have a meter in the Richmond, VA area. I'm willing to do it for food and maybe a few cold ones.

ToNyX345

Reaction score
yes the point was it wont rev past 2600 when shouldnt it be more like 3200 its a 86 ford f-250hd ext cab 6.9liter idi

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gator still waiting to find a pump. Gary that is awesome that you are helping so many people get the most out of their trucks. I can't wait to get mine timed. First have to get some injectors and a pump in.Gary did you say that you had a PD pump that leaked from an o ring?

gatorman21218

Reaction score
yes the point was it wont rev past 2600 when shouldnt it be more like 3200 its a 86 ford f-250hd ext cab 6.9liter idi

1. check your throttle cable for full travel.

2. is the pump out of a medium duty truck? Navistar had a much lower governor on their pumps than Ford.

ToNyX345

Reaction score
its the factory pump off of my truck i removed it and shipped it out to have it rebuilt my truck has 57000 miles on it original

JohnZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before buying my meter, I had my engine timed by ear and it ran as you described. I just did not know what I was doing yet, and could not get it to run right. After getting the meter, I found it was about 10 degrees atdc. Once set to 8 deg BTDC, it runs right up past 3300.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
its the factory pump off of my truck i removed it and shipped it out to have it rebuilt my truck has 57000 miles on it original

Did this pump only rev to 2600 rpm before you had someone rebuild it. Or did it come back that way. If it came back that way then the rebuilder fudged it up big time.. Sorry for the bad news possibility. I have a Pensacola pump that leaked out the plunger seal on the drivers side of the pump. I fixed that last week. Now I will be installing it. To the poster that can't rev past 2600 you have a problem with the wrong governer spring in the pump. Send it back and get it fixed or buy another pump. I might suggest Conestoga Diesel in Pa. You tell Mel what you want and thats what you get... No bull thats for sure. Hes honest too and has done many pumps on this forum and worldwide too. Never a problem either. I have been running my second pump from his shop and love it. Its called the Moose Pump. Its the best pump money can buy hands down. Never buy a pump thats painted. They paint them for good reason and its to hide some dirt or stains on the body because they really don't rebuild the pumps.. But they sell them to you saying they are... That become a mostly ebay liars club right there. Mel never paints his pumps. Neither do real rebuild shops.