threaded fan clutch nut

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the problem is,its a plow truck.plow people suck,are they afraid of the car wash or something.i think the driveshaft is even rotted,or very thin.oil pan,tranny pan,tranny lines,power steering lines,block fuel lines,radiator support,brake lines,brake shoes,i think 1 valve cover,the cdr valve are all rotted off it.gotta get a parts list after the motor is out tomorrow.gotta see hiw deep the guys pockets are and if its even wirth fixing.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to spend more time and money at the carwash in the winter than i did in the summer.ill be doing it again if im stuck driving the car this winter.ran out of time and money to go find a winter beater.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the rear passenger side spindle nut a reverse thread too?

Would be a good Ford trivia question…. How many reveres threaded items are on a F series...

yes,,and really need a special socket to remove both,,theres other ways,,but they suck......

Also, Don't forget on some of the earlier IDI's (Slantnose with the D-70 Rear Axle) had left handed thread on the drivers side rear wheel. The other 3 were right handed thread, but the drivers rear was left handed from the factory..... Many stories on here of someone going to "tire barn" (generic term not the actual place) and ended up getting 8 new studs and lug nuts "on the house" when the "tire guy" (See Below, Language Warning), when he used the big air impact and snapped them all off......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8rC6CPCvM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online