Those who have relocated the CDR

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
What did you do to seal the rear of the intake? I want to screw something in there like a BIG plug in or weld it shut. Needs to be strong but ya know.

SWS

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used some rubber plug from Lowe's, then I bolted a small carbon-fiber plate (didn't have anything aluminum at the time) behind it using the CDR bolts to keep the plug from falling out.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used expandable freeze plugs from the local parts store for both the back of the intake and the valley pan. IIRC they were 5/8" and 1-1/4", respectively.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I cut the old CDR apart and had a small piece of sheetmetal tigged over the hole and bolted the new "plate" back on. Then used the tube that went into the block and put some heavy plastic hose tight in it and used that as my RDT.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I did mine because the CDR failed and was dumping oil into the intake creating a runaway. I didnt want to have that happen again

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOOK HERE on page #4 (the parts illustration), #44 and #48. The part numbers are listed in the back of the manual on page 18.

I need these parts as well and will be ordering them (I hope) soon.

Heath

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
my rdt has annoyed me horribly because now i have this huge cloud of smoke everytime i park the truck and leave it idleing and i dont understand why this engine produces so much blowby it only has 104k on it and i have receipts to prove it.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I did not think about a strap behind there. That is a good ideal. As far as RDT, if I go that route, I am going to put a catch can there. Probably, I will go with a catch can and a bypass to the intake prior to the blower.

SWS

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the benifit of a RDT on our motors in the end? Is it a worthwhile mod.

if you dont want to burn your oil it puts the crankcase vapors out the exhaust. I prefer to burn mine as fuel but if you get too much she'll run on it and its called a run-away situation.

CDR just is suppose to block off oil from getting sucked into the motor which would keep it running away. if i understand properly at least :eek: