This truck is full of suprises

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys i have made some progress on black sheep. Painted the truck with monstaliner desert sand. 1 gallon did the cab, doors, hood, fenders and jams with two coats. Turned out decent, the truck is pretty beat up and this hides a lot of that, plus with my plans this should match what is next for the truck.

I have been thinking hard about painting my truck with Monstaliner. Now that you have painted your truck with it, what do you think of it? What prep work did you do before painting? How difficult was it to apply? More importantly, would you use it again? Thanks for your input!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these coatings are fine and dandy, until you try to strip it.
i thought about going this route, but i plan on restoring this truck in 15ish years.
every truck ive seen with this type of coating looks decent enough.
80 grit on the entire truck would be perfect and you wont see sanding marks.
it does hide alot of imperfections.

wvredxj

Reaction score
I have been thinking hard about painting my truck with Monstaliner. Now that you have painted your truck with it, what do you think of it? What prep work did you do before painting? How difficult was it to apply? More importantly, would you use it again? Thanks for your input!

I have used it before on jeep projects. Monstaliner is made by magnet paints which are known for making chassis saver paints. I like the stuff, worlds better than herculiner. It does smell though. Quick dry times. I sanded with a DA using 180 grit, trying not to go through the original primer. Then i cleaned it a couple times with mek. I did everything in one evening. I didn't spend a crazy amount of time taping, so its not perfect but its decent and not a complete hack job.

wvredxj

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i can unhook the high idle solenoid and just put 12v on a switch to activate high idle? What does that solenoid normally do with the plug attached?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
put it on a 3 way toggle.
on, off, and ..
temp switched. ( a temp sender pass side foward on block)
there is a tech article on it in the tech section.
personally i have no need to manipulate it.

wvredxj

Reaction score
put it on a 3 way toggle.
on, off, and ..
temp switched. ( a temp sender pass side foward on block)
there is a tech article on it in the tech section.
personally i have no need to manipulate it.

i am going to run a engine driven hydraulic pump in place of the a/c compressor. I would like to be able to set the motor at 1500ish rpm to get good gpm out of pump and be able to stand beside bed while i am dumping. Good idea on the temp sensor.

Got the pump and the belt on tonight, next i need to start work on the rear frame rails, replace the front spring hangers, build new crossmembers and mount the bed, hydro tank, hydro solenoid, and build a scissor lift.

Only had one dash light working in the truck, pulled them all, cleaned them, two were blown but all the others lit up after i installed them....there is really nothing i haven't had to fool with to get it working again.

EDJ

Reaction score
Tell me more why you liked this Runyen product (when underground) and why you still like it today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist