This truck is full of suprises

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes a member here sells the retun line kit,
http://conestogadiesel.com/products.html

my wiper motor was frozen

and it sounds like your selector switch to the controls are shot.
i actually have both of those items out of a 89 gasser if need be, PM me
i know that the wiper motor is good,
disconnect the lines from the heater controls, if they dont function normally, the panel is bad

same as this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

wvredxj

Reaction score
No, i think the truck is a 93, its not a brick nose. It has the round turn knobs.

Would one leaking return line cause hard starts? I guess at this point it would be good insurance anyway to replace them. Everything else is shot, those are too.

Why do i insist on fixing junk.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the power brakes work? Put a vacuum gauge on your system and see what your vacuum pump is doing. If it's low, work back to the pump until you find the leak plugging lines as you go. Typically though the heater controls default to defrost if you don't have vacuum though. Not sure if that is what you described or not.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it will only blow out of the defroster vents, that is a sure sign you have no vacuum supply. The line comes in over on the pass side firewall area where the fan is located.

wvredxj

Reaction score
Well guys i have made some progress on black sheep. Painted the truck with monstaliner desert sand. 1 gallon did the cab, doors, hood, fenders and jams with two coats. Turned out decent, the truck is pretty beat up and this hides a lot of that, plus with my plans this should match what is next for the truck.

Front driveshaft installed. Like i said previously the last owner either swapped cases or yokes, but the truck had a f250 1330 yoke instead of the cv yoke, so i had Tom Woods build me a straight driveshaft. Works fine.

New wiper control relay box and new wiper motor, i have working wipers, but the wipers do not return to park, oh well, now i can stop them at 12* clock and flip the ice off of them.

New return system, but still fighting leaks, i will leave the hood off until i resolve the fuel leaks and install the hydro pump.

Bumper is done with 4 extra lights i had laying around. This truck is bottom shelf built with crap i had laying around for the most part.

I have about $1,800 in it now, still need to finish the back, install the bed, get that bed to dump, and get batteries and probably tires. I am happy thus far:

wvredxj

Reaction score
i used my plasma a good bit because i didn't put a lot of time in that bumper. If i was doing one on a nicer truck i would use my vertical bandsaw. I hate grinding metal and cuts for weld, so i prefer a slower cut to save time on the grinders. Just me though.

This truck is a hoot with no weight on the back. I was doing 4th gear starts on the ice in the driveway then going to 5th...talk about tire smoke when the tires finally found pavement!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i need me a plasma!!!
i end up using cut off wheels for everything!
keep a bran new dewalt on the shelf at all times lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online