This might be the final blow...

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Why would a country who allows French people to have their own country IN the country care about rust? Seems to me their priorities are a little F$%^ed up. cookoo Can you get a delivery truck like a box van type for it? Just put that on, then get it inspected and take it back off. I'd think they would be giving those away in some junkyard. :dunno

Some of our own people speak french in south Alabama, they came here when the English raided their places in Quebec. I like their music but the food is too hot for my taste. Have you heard "Cajun" music or food. They were call Acadians, went to Canada from France. Nice people, beautiful women. I do some business with them, wood doors and moldings. Very nice all the time. I think they should be independent from Canada. They would not have to put up with all these stupid regulations.

Thanks God and former Governor Bush we don't have those restrictions here anymore and you can drive whatever thing you can crank and takes you from place to place. One of my projects in my list is to build a boogie for a horse next year. I just have to put a red triangle on the back and it's ready to rumble. It does only 10 MPH but it runs on grass and water only. You cannot beat that.

Burt, a Florida *******.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see the spot on the box that you patched. But all in all that's some major BS my friend. round here the only person that I know of having any legal safety issues was a buddy that got pulled over and they noticed that the floor pan was held up by the seat belts so they told him to take it home and fix it before it sees the road again.

OH OH, maybe I'll get my truck back that I loaned to my Nephew in Emmett. The bed is in not to good of shape.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Fortunately I do not have to go to inspection with my truck. Not even a safety inspection because it is over 10,000 and diesel powered. I've been pulled over for "No inspection sticker" on a few occasions and I just let them know what the law is. One time the cop did give me a ticket anyway so armed with evidence that my truck does not need inspection by the state I made an ass of the prosecutor and he dropped the charges. After showing him all the evidence I had he had one question "Since when did Ford put a diesel engine in a van?". My response was since about 1985. :rotflmao

New Jersey recently decided to scrap their inspection program and check emissions only. ;Sweet

Good luck in whatever you do decide to do.

Yeah.That was one plus when i lived in Jersey. i had even my windshield tinted :eek:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh the dreaded inspections / inpectors....Oh how I hated that yearly in PEI....OMG they are insane...sounds like the same fascist pigs are there doing there overlytrumpedupoverintoxicateontheenthusiamsoftheirownbombasity type inspections...eFn retards.

Way I see it rest of this eFn country will be following suite soon enough.

Took my pa's car from BC, to PEI inspection...bring it back to BC inspection...OMG

I hear and feel yer pain!

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Why would a country who allows French people to have their own country IN the country care about rust? Seems to me their priorities are a little F$%^ed up. cookoo Can you get a delivery truck like a box van type for it? Just put that on, then get it inspected and take it back off. I'd think they would be giving those away in some junkyard. :dunno

Its a provincial thing, not federal

We have provinces and territories just like you guys have states. Ruels and regulates change from province to province

Where i am in BC i don't have any inspection to report to. I am supposed to go threw a smog check but i got around that by increasing my GVW on my papers.

Oh and why do we have the french?

Because French Canadian girls are HOTTTTTTT and allways *****! :Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Because French Canadian girls are HOTTTTTTT and allways *****! :Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up

That is absolutely right, hence I snatched myself one. ;Sweet

Anyway, to repeat what others have said...take it to a new place and clean the rig up for inspection. Impression is everything, keep that in mind.

I have to say that I am also lucky to live in the midwest currently (soon to be in the same boat as you BC guys though). No inspections of any kind, but cops do enforce height restrictions, insurance and such. Mostly as long as you have working lights and no windshield cracks in your field of vision, they do not care.

On that same note, shops do make a killing down here on windshield replacement (many gravel roads). Every location has its own poison I guess.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
What's funny about this is I cleaned the truck inside and out. Cleaned out EVERYTHING in the bed, ratchet strapped the spare to the passenger front corner of the bed to keep it out of the way and secure, cleaned the cab COMPLETELY right out, armor all-ed EVERTHING inside, and even sprayed it down before hand.

I got to go pick up my new tank in a couple hours....should the front tank go in from the bottom or top? I am NOT looking forward to THIS job, but it's the past thing that NEEDS to be done for the truck to be in top running condition with EVERTTHING working again (minus the torque converter)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got pictures? I'm looking for an upside here. :sly Beating away the French guys shouldn't be a problem. Never met one of them that wouldn't blow away in a strong wind. ;Really
LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The problem is they have some mechanics so paranoid about loosing their license that they make a long list on every vehicle...I don't spare much on my heavy commercial inspections because of the weight they haul....I can inspect a set of B-trains but I can't do a Geo metro.:rolleyes:....The province said the heavy shops were taking business from the automotive shops. People complained so hard about yearly inspections that the government changed it to 2 year inspections and tightened the rules....It's actually worse now than before.:rotflmao

My buddy called me last night, he's a truck tech as well with me at DOT and his friend bought a car at the auction last night with a new mvi sticker on it - AS IS....The brakes were **** and the transmission failed not a mile from the auction.-cuss.....Seeing as we work in the building where the Vehicle Compliance officers get their training and trucks serviced that particular auction house is about to get a visit from the big grey machine.:backoff

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The problem is they have some mechanics so paranoid about loosing their license that they make a long list on every vehicle...I don't spare much on my heavy commercial inspections because of the weight they haul....I can inspect a set of B-trains but I can't do a Geo metro.:rolleyes:....The province said the heavy shops were taking business from the automotive shops. People complained so hard about yearly inspections that the government changed it to 2 year inspections and tightened the rules....It's actually worse now than before.:rotflmao

My buddy called me last night, he's a truck tech as well with me at DOT and his friend bought a car at the auction last night with a new mvi sticker on it - AS IS....The brakes were **** and the transmission failed not a mile from the auction.-cuss.....Seeing as we work in the building where the Vehicle Compliance officers get their training and trucks serviced that particular auction house is about to get a visit from the big grey machine.:backoff

TELL THEM TO PAY A VISIT TO ME!!!!:sly My truck is 100% top notch working condition right now...it meets or exceeds the requirements except for ONE box crossmember that I personally went under the truck and welded up with a patch...but apparently it's NOT good enough!-cuss

I just went and bought a BRAND NEW gas tank, painted it all shiny black with tremclad spray paint (to prevent or delay the rust next time) and am about to go pull the tank and install it.

OH, and I mention it's 3/4 full of fuel and I have no way of draining it. I thought about drilling a hole in the bottom, but I want to save it and patch it as a spare....as it's just ONE TINY hole in it, the rest of the tank don't even have surface rust on it!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Got pictures? I'm looking for an upside here. :sly Beating away the French guys shouldn't be a problem. Never met one of them that wouldn't blow away in a strong wind. ;Really
LOL

If I still had the pictures of my ex then I could provide proof mel but I can vote for that one to. They are crazy though kind of like a "good" poison;Really

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll stand by the fact that the crazy ones are a great temporary fix for what ails ya. Getting rid of them, is something else entirely.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
OK! Front fuel tank is IN the truck, NO leaks, and that means that everything is now 100%! FINALLY! I painted the tank Tremclad black about 3 times....good thick coats...I don't wanna do this again in 2 years!!

$115 out the door for the 19 gallon front tank.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
OK! Front fuel tank is IN the truck, NO leaks, and that means that everything is now 100%! FINALLY! I painted the tank Tremclad black about 3 times....good thick coats...I don't wanna do this again in 2 years!!

$115 out the door for the 19 gallon front tank.

20 more years of service I say Chris.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat