this is what i did this weekend hydroboost

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
hey trackspeeder-
you got any more pics or background on the rolling BBQ?

That was a lucky shot I stole on the web.:rotflmao It's hard to hold a camera and crank the throttle into run 8 at the same time.:D I never had good luck with the GE's (smoke and sparks). Give me an ALCO and I will give you the entire BBQ out the stack.:rotflmao :rotflmao

madison069

Reaction score
Finding a hydoboost on a ford vehicle can be tricky but they are all over the place in GM cars and trucks any gm/chev diesel will have one or the most commen place to get one is out of a 90s to 2000s astro/safari van I grabbed once from a van with the MC and use it in my scout it was easy as 123

You must be registered for see images

another pic

You must be registered for see images

I seen this build up on Pirate4x4, you ever posted up when you started driving it?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
One of the items I'm thinking of renewing on my truck is my master cylinder. Reading the tech article it would seem that installing the hydroboost setup requires a connection to the power steering pump? I'm wondering if I'm qualified enough to hack something as important as braking.

Maybe I'll just install a new master cylinder and see how that goes...

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
That was a lucky shot I stole on the web.:rotflmao It's hard to hold a camera and crank the throttle into run 8 at the same time.:D I never had good luck with the GE's (smoke and sparks). Give me an ALCO and I will give you the entire BBQ out the stack.:rotflmao :rotflmao

;Sweet Seen that a few times on tugs!

On Alco diesels, all the exh manifolds set in the vee of the block and "Y" together.....just walking across the upper engine room catwalk --{teh "fiddley deck" for those sea going guys}--your boots will melt to the grate if ya stand there too long while under way :eek: LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
One of the items I'm thinking of renewing on my truck is my master cylinder. Reading the tech article it would seem that installing the hydroboost setup requires a connection to the power steering pump? I'm wondering if I'm qualified enough to hack something as important as braking.

Maybe I'll just install a new master cylinder and see how that goes...

The extra connection to the P/S is as easy as replacing the reservoir as that's what needs to be done.
Me, I skipped that part and just plumbed in a "T" to the existing return line from the steering. Seems to work with no ill effects. I'll get the correct reservoir this winter and get it right tho.

On your body style, apparently, Mel found the brake pedal pin to the M/C pushrod is located in a slightly different position and he had to do some fab work to get it right.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
;Sweet Seen that a few times on tugs!

On Alco diesels, all the exh manifolds set in the vee of the block and "Y" together.....just walking across the upper engine room catwalk --{teh "fiddley deck" for those sea going guys}--your boots will melt to the grate if ya stand there too long while under way :eek: LOL

Boot warmers.:D:rotflmao

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken a couple of can 'o ham power steering pumps, the hydro boost units had vanes that were about 1/4" longer in width than the non hydro boost pumps. I would assume that the ford hydro boost pumps would have the upgrade as well? (more flow)

Somebody was telling me that hydro boost brings the suck in regards to braking and turning large tires at the same time with hydraulic assist, or was it just normal stock vehicles? (or was it full hydraulic steering? I dont remember the specifics)

I have both the GM hydroboost unit, and the Ford version. Both units appear to be identical, the difference being what goes thru the firewall. The master cylinder size is 1 5/16.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online