the worst engineering part of your Ford?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that its a Ford

Not a chev or gm
Not a dodge
Not a toyota
Not a.....

Ok if was Binder though...but I like it fine!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
O don't forget the crappy fuel filler hose vent system that won't let you put more than a trickle of fuel in while at the pumps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Originally Posted by gandalf
You must be registered for see images attach

... You just have to be careful which side is up when you stick it in.

That's not what the women say. :D;Sweet:rolleyes::love:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Previous owners.

That's what p***es me off most about these old Ford's. Bad, terrible, ignorant, downright stupid previous owners. Everything else would be infinitely easier to deal with if I could find/afford the "one owner, old lady, only drove on Sundays from June thru October, garage kept, always maintained" trucks.

But hey, you take what you can. Worked on Dodge trucks, Chebby trucks, ran into lots of crap that had a few of us step back and go "*** were they thinking?!". Ford trucks are just easier to work on. And with having practically the same relative body style and bolt patterns on parts from 1980-1996/7 and some beyond yet, I wouldn't choose anything else. But I'm not not have I ever been a typical ******* :rotflmao :Thumbs Up :peelout

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to change mine but then that means I'll have to carry two keys, one for the ignition and one for the door. I seriously don't like that.

By the way, you have to carry three keys: door, ignition and glovebox. Yes, it gets old.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
O don't forget the crappy fuel filler hose vent system that won't let you put more than a trickle of fuel in while at the pumps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
That has to be in the top 3. Yup stupid all right especially when the cab and chassis had the vent outside the neck and filled fine.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have much to add, I'm very happy with my truck. I am very glad I don't own a dodge or Chevy, although I do have an 85 Monte carol ss but I got a really good deal on it, 38,000 miles never seen salt for $500. but don't even think of starting a list of bad engineering designs. cookoo:idiot:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
A better and more reliable injector return setup would have been nice. Oh and of course an inline, crankcase lubed IP. Not that its as much fords fault as it was IH"s...? Other then that and the fact that the Dana 50 isn't all that stout, im pretty happy. Things like cracked firewalls, filler neck issues, showerheads, and headlight wiring flaws also are a pain just as we all feel

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that its a Ford

Not a chev or gm
Not a dodge
Not a toyota
Not a.....

Ok if was Binder though...but I like it fine!

im kickin myself in the 10.25 for scrappin my IH over a decade ago....
71 4100D travelall, woulda been a perfect vehicle to slap a 7.3 in....

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a place in hell reserved for the engineer who designed the OBS headlight housings / blinkers / corners. He'll be sitting right alongside the engineer who designed our return line setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online